Any of you Highland boys got the "intestinal fortitude" to come get some of that I-55 money Saturday

Any of you Highland boys got it in you???
We're not highland boys, we're Fulton boys and we've got what you are asking for, however your sportsman rules won't allow us to race.......

Unless concessions will be made in the rules.

Looks like Fulton is going to be cancelled again this week (3 weeks straight now), because the forecast of rain, so we're itchen' pretty hard right now ;)

Doesn't take balls it takes money! Those bigger tracks are hard on everything. As far as the pay I'd be willing to bet highlands is just as good as Pevely. Like Salty said other then Griffaw and Weber I've not seen them wanna come down here! See ya boys in Macon

Didn't realize Highland paid LM's $2000 to win every week and Mods $1000 a week to win.

Guess I need to start paying more attention.

Last edited:
There's plenty of BIGGER shows around especially
Modifieds.. $2064.00 to win for mods at fairbury.. The question is are the regulars at I-55 going to venture away from home and support these bigger mod
Shows? $1500 farmer city Friday night, $2064 fairbury
& $4000 Danville il.... There's plenty of complainers about no big mod shows... $7564.00 to win in 3
Nights... Come get it unless you're scared...:D

who do you want to see real racing fan?.the guys that pay for their own program will probably not go to pevely.

I'm just commenting on the comments made..

"Its not like the pay is a heck of a lot better than highland."
" As far as the pay I'd be willing to bet highlands is just as good as Pevely. "

I would think that a special show would pay more than a weekly show and with Highland not running that especially "people that pay for their own program" would show up for a chance at a better payday.

Most of the racers pay for their own program anyway. Props for that!!!

Anyone that knows me knows that is all about the show.
More cars + more competition = GREAT Show for the fans.

Highly doubt it's $2000 and $1000 to win every week. This weekend yes for the "special" they are putting on. If they pay that every week it's not much of a special. Not to mention for that money you'd be seeing twice the cars there weekly. You find it posted and ill beleive you.

Instead of calling everyone scared maybe you could have just posted that your a fan of highland cars an would love to see them at I 55 since highland is closed I can't speak for everyone but I look around an see where I think I can finish best an make the most money it's fun going other places an big races but if you look at the pay back on most races if your not in the top 3 you can make the same amount at your home track that and you have to have a dependable tow rig to go very far

Instead of calling everyone scared maybe you could have just posted that your a fan of highland cars an would love to see them at I 55 since highland is closed I can't speak for everyone but I look around an see where I think I can finish best an make the most money it's fun going other places an big races but if you look at the pay back on most races if your not in the top 3 you can make the same amount at your home track that and you have to have a dependable tow rig to go very far[/QUOTcase
Instead of calling everyone scared maybe you could have just posted that your a fan of highland cars an would love to see them at I 55 since highland is closed I can't speak for everyone but I look around an see where I think I can finish best an make the most money it's fun going other places an big races but if you look at the pay back on most races if your not in the top 3 you can make the p track that and you have to have a dependable tow rig to go very far

[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]very good payout Sunday at Danville..[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]$4000 win and they just added another $1000 to add onto places 2-10. They are also having a non qualifier race of $750 to win.. Top to bottom will be very good for the purse.. I'm not saying anything about people wanting to stay close to home and race but there's plenty of complainers out there also that say there's never any big mod shows.. Well here ya go mod fellas go get it.. Purse is bigger than you will see around this area.. If a guy wanted to he could race farmer city Friday $1500 fairbury Saturday $2064 danville Sunday $4000 peoria Monday $3000.. I will give it to alot of the clay county speedway normals they get out and travel to help these other bigger shows.. Anderson, shaw, Bradham[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Etc...[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
betcha hammerman will show up why cant't the rest of you guys join him Macon is not running lates sat either

if I can get the 27 to have good fuel pressure and a co-pilot to ride to macon--or if some one wants to help me switch gears I have no fear of I-55---turned a lot of laps there in the day

Justin he was tring to call out the guys that race Highland. Don't believe it was where you guys he was meaning.

Last edited:
Instead of calling everyone scared maybe you could have just posted that your a fan of highland cars an would love to see them at I 55 since highland is closed I can't speak for everyone but I look around an see where I think I can finish best an make the most money it's fun going other places an big races but if you look at the pay back on most races if your not in the top 3 you can make the same amount at your home track that and you have to have a dependable tow rig to go very far
Is this really Rusty posting such a well thought out comment? (Just kidding Rusty, my RIProgram is really working!) He is exactly right. Each track has its pluses and minuses but racing is supposed to be fun. When given the chance go to another track and try it out. Worst case you might enjoy it! Worst case you drink beer with Rusty!

Back