any one go to DuQuoin??

Was wondering if anyone went and some comments on the place.... thanks

I went...excellent facility, no fumes, warm inside, (15 degrees outside)
Track was in excellent shape & the 600 Multis put on a great show...
Well worth the $15.00 admission and 1 1/2 hr drive. great way to get your
winter racing fix...

Almost forgot, a very large crowd showed up to see 70+
drivers compete for the 20 feature starting positions...

Great Racing!!! I had a blast last night & I am going back for todays races right now. There is supposed to be over 110 cars today.

come on now, hound... tell the truth..those smaller towns have a law against you being inside their city limits. that is why you didn't go. that and you can't find duquoin!

yep that''s right so how inthe heck do they allow me in pevely, evev belleville which I work in rossburg ohio and not finding duquion in your dreams big boy could drive there with my eyes closed did you ever fiind out how to sign up on different computer NOPE or getting to run faster nope

sean2 said:
Great Racing!!! I had a blast last night & I am going back for todays races right now. There is supposed to be over 110 cars today.
Midgets and 600 Multis....should be a great show...

I am glad we now have something like this in the winter here in DuQuoin, the racing was excellent! They had a large crowd both days. I seen alot of local Late Model & Modified drivers there.

Terry English was there as a spectator, he said he was ready to go to Florida & do some racing.

I thought the Micro-sprints put on a better show than the USAC Midgets did but I did enjoy both.

They had a couple "Outlaw Karts" there doing some exibition laps & they was wicked fast!! They will be racing there next weekend. Alot of local Late Model drivers are expected to race in this event. I am hearing even the UMP National Champion, Rodney Melvin will be racing.

The Fastrak booth was busy all weekend, I seen alot of drivers talking with them. Kevin & Scott Ferguson are a couple real nice guys & I think the series is in good hands. These two guys are doing a good thing for alot of people around here & I applaud them for it.

There is a possibility that there will be a "Hornet Nationals" race held indoor at DuQuoin. Stay tuned for more info.

BAD BOB said:
winter racing fix...

You went Friday Night Bob? Well heck Mark and I went today. And yes it's a fix that will last until about Feb 18 which is when they run there again. The Multi's were awesome and I think the midgets would have gotten better if they would have raced long enough to get into some lapped traffic. But well worth the drive and $

Wheel21 said:
The Multi's were awesome and I think the midgets would have gotten better if they would have raced long enough to get into some lapped traffic. But well worth the drive and $

My thought exactly about not getting enough consecutive green laps to get into traffic. Once the track rubbered up, no one was going to pass on the outside. But, h-ll, it's racing in Illinois in January when it's 15 degrees outside, so it's all good. :)

BAD BOB said:
winter racing fix...

Actually they had about 50 cars in the micros and 18 Focus cars. But the point remains valid.

As for the facilities, you've got to love the chairback seating, the restrooms, concession stands, front lobby, etc.

As for the outside temp, I had to laugh when I remember being at those fairgrounds 16 years ago for the Street Machine Nationals when it was 105 degrees and being there today when it was literally 90 degrees cooler.

sean2 said:
They had a couple "Outlaw Karts" there doing some exibition laps & they was wicked fast!! They will be racing there next weekend. Alot of local Late Model drivers are expected to race in this event. I am hearing even the UMP National Champion, Rodney Melvin will be racing.

The Fastrak booth was busy all weekend, I seen alot of drivers talking with them. Kevin & Scott Ferguson are a couple real nice guys & I think the series is in good hands. These two guys are doing a good thing for alot of people around here & I applaud them for it.

There is a possibility that there will be a "Hornet Nationals" race held indoor at DuQuoin. Stay tuned for more info.

I bet we'll have some folks on here saying that Melvin has traction control on the kart. :rolleyes:

In addition to the kart, did anyone else notice that the driver of one of the two TQs that hot lapped had his head above the top of the roll cage? :eek:
The kart, notwithstanding the about four spins coming out of turn 4, turned lap times of only .75-1.00 sec. slower than the midgets and micros. Very impressive.

I also got to meet the Fegusons. You're right, they're real nice guys and are doing a great service for the sport around here. :)

As for Hornets down there, as wide as the turns are, are the straights wide enough to race Hornets? :confused:

Well worth the price of admission. I'm already looking forward to February 19th.

Great run by local driver Dustin Barks today, having to transfer from one of the B-Mains and coming away with a 5th place finish in the A.

Brandon Paul said:
Actually they had about 50 cars in the micros and 18 Focus cars. But the point remains valid.

As for the facilities, you've got to love the chairback seating, the restrooms, concession stands, front lobby, etc.

As for the outside temp, I had to laugh when I remember being at those fairgrounds 16 years ago for the Street Machine Nationals when it was 105 degrees and being there today when it was literally 90 degrees cooler.

BP, I dont know if you were there on Saturday or not but they had over 70 Micro's on Saturday.

As for the Street Machine Nats....... them were the days. :D

I also want to give a special thanks to Scott Leeman! You know what for buddy.

Back