any rule changes for ss

de_03

did they change any rules for ss at tri city this year

Nope. Someone asked about Holley carbs again this year but Kevin said he was not allowing them.

Gloves are mandatory in all classes this year.

I did hear that they are allowing the four cylinder drivers to lock the gears and make them more like the saturns , I know not a SS but it is a rule change.

I agree.... What has happened is some tracks got lazy and never did any tech. Then when they realized 90% of their cars were illegal they allowed it to keep from upsetting anyone. This has created a domino effect and now other tracks feel they are forced to follow. I just feel bad for the guy that doesn't know how to work on his transmission and may have to pay big bucks if he wants to lock it.

This is why these classes get out of hand. The 4 cyl class is truely a budget class. Why can't tracks just stick to the rules and DQ those that are cheating and give them a fine? Instead they give in and one thing leads to another and the class becomes more expensive to run. Quit changing rules bc people are doing it when they aren't suppose to. Stick to the book and DQ the cheaters. These divisions don't affect me but it is still frustrating to see tracks make changes just bc people are doing it already. Grow a set and DQ people! Owell it is what it is I suppose.

I think it actually effects all classes. Once they start letting one class get away with stuff,then its the next class. A track that dont tech the hornetts is most likely to not tech the rest. JMO

Back