Any UMP Boys Bound for MARS?

SamIam67

"Greetings & Salutations"
What Stl-area locals will show up for the MARS race next Sunday at TCS? Sunday show, non UMP points day for Stl area, $500 just to start the a-main??? Could be interesting. Hopefully the sometimes one-track minded, (pun intended) UMP fans/drivers will journey off to MARS! Before you reply thinking that last line was bashing, I'm a big supporter of UMP and am originally from the Stl area. Would be nice to see the likes of the Faust boys, Dixon, Gundaker, Voight, Melvin, Seets, Babb, Shirley, Taylor, Bauman, Zobrist and many others mingle with the likes of T. Phillips, Ace Ihm, Al Purkey, W. Wallace, Jason Bodenhammer, the Duke, Looney, J. Taylor, Drake, Essary, Mack, Mooneyham, G. Stolba and Bill Frye. Also this is maybe a chance for some other series drivers to travel a bit; perhaps Webb, Kosiskis, Berck, Doar, Guss Jr.??? All true LM fans need to be at this show! Hopefully the tire thing is not too big of a distraction???

Thanks,
Sam

Also, will any of the MARS regulars hang around on Monday and visit Godfrey Speedway for the opening night of the UMP Summer Nationals?

Man, the MLRA Website says only racing on the 19th up at Winston, another place I gotta check out soon. Did they add races for this weekend? I know Vaughn has won a race up at TCS before, beating Dixon, Gundaker and a few other UMP boys so maybe he'll be there too???

BTT late model fans! Add Chris Smyser to the list, his schedule says he will make the hall from Memphis, MO.

I doubt Smyser will be there. Heard he was in an accident at the Davenport Xtreme race tonight and was sent to the hospital in the ambulance. Hopefully its nothing to serious and he can make it though.

Man, I hope he's okay if this is true. He's a great dude to talk to, just came off a win at State Fair Speedway in Sedalia.

Doug, I'm not sure, from talking to him a few times in the pits at Sedalia I know he lives up near Memphis, MO, which is up north near the Iowa border. I have sent an e-mail in him for an update on his condition but have heard nothing back. Last week when I e-mailed him he replied and said he was planning on being at TCS for the MARS show. He's a very nice guy and a smooth driver, hopefully he'll be there. He frequently runs in my area of MO, places like the 1/2 mile at State Fair Speedway in Sedalia, where he won the track championship last year, he's also run at Lebanon and Bolivar. He ran a couple UMP summer nat's shows last year in Iowa, and was at the WDRL vs. MLRA race in which 71 late models were at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City last fall. The race he was injured in was an Xtreme race. Car number is 00, yellow and black very sharp looking car.

UMP vs MLRA

Would love to see more UMP drivers mix it up with the MLRA drivers. I remember Watching Boddie leaving the pack behind until he broke his power steering pump. Hopefully one of these days UMP and MLRA can come to some terms with their rules. its a big mix from central MO on west. Only other item to remember is that most tracks for UMP are 1/4 mile and most for MLRA that i have seen are 1/2 mile. But I'm a big Boddie fan so I am sure I'll be watchin the race. :)

Jason Bodenhamer is currently 27th in the MARS point standings. The top 5 are Wendell Wallace, Terry Phillips, Al Purkey, Jeff Floyd & Bill Frye.

Back