Any word on the driver from Tri-City taken by ambulance?

F5 Racer Fan

Go, Speedracer, Go-o-o-o!
Any report on the condition of the 4 cylinder driver that was taken away by ambulance? My daughter-in-law was close to where he made contact with the wall and she remains quite shaken up and concerned this morning. It was said that the impact was hard enough it cracked the wall where he hit. We just pray that he is okay and that he has a speedy recovery. We ask that the rest of the STL racing community keep him in your thoughts and prayers as well.

The Fisher Family

This is the driver of the 98 that was at TCS on Friday. Just wanted to check to see how the driver of the 21m is doing. Whenever the field in the back got brake checked my brakes went flat to the floor, and I had no where to go. If there's anything I can do to help you get your car back going, please let me know.

I talked to willy tonight he is home and doing well very sore and beat up from that hard wreck. He will be fine. He said thanks to those that were concerned.

Horner4,

Thanks for the reply. I have been checking the thread everyday for a reply. Frankly, we were getting a little worried when no one responded and I had even thought of trying to reach Kevin or Tammy Gundaker to see if they had any updates. We are just glad to know he is doing okay! :)

I just went over to Willy a few hours ago and he said his neck and legs are still a little sore. I also took a look at his car and its pretty messed up and will take a little bit of time to get it going again. His car will need to be re-caged more than likely, new transmission, new axels, brake rotor, radiator, sub-frame straightened, some body work, racing seat got bent, rack and pinion, and driver side control arm.

9x-racer

I am glad he is doing okay. I was standing at the wall where you exit the track and was the first one to his car. When i got there he was having a seizure and non responsive for quite a while. It has been on my mind ever since it happened. Just glad to here he is doing okay.

Also tell Willy to put a master disconnect somewhere in his car that is easy to be reached. I couldn't find anything to shut the power off from the battery.

That spot will now be known as Willy's wall.

Crump

Pics of the 21m.

The first 2 pics are were the top door bar that got pushed into the rear main hoop and the driver side down bar making them get kinked inwards.

The third pic is of the body damage.

The forth is a pic of the strut, brake area, sub frame, and steering rack that got kinked

The fith and six are pics of the transmission on the passenger side from the bottom side of the car. If you look close enough you can see were it got cracked completely around in 2 different spots.

Attachments

• 100_0751.jpg
    100_0751.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0752.jpg
    100_0752.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_0755.jpg
    100_0755.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_0754.jpg
    100_0754.jpg