Anybody got good directions to I R P ??

Just wondering if anybody knew the best way to get to IRP in Indy. Goin to the Busch race next Saturday night before the brickyard need some help please!!!:confused:

Take I-70 to Indianapolis, then go North on I-465 to Exit 16A(I-74). Make a right onto I-74 then a right on to US-136. Go about 4 miles and it's on the left.

Hope this helps.

Get off at the Plainfield exit and go north to the "t", I believe that is Rte. 40. Turn right and get in the left lane. Go about 1/2 mile and watch for the IRP sign. Turn left and go straight north until it comes to another "t". Turn left and the front gate is on your left. Very easy.

I know it sits right next to the drag strip but thats all I remember! LOL! No where near the Brickyard as I remember. It's been at least 11 years since I've been there. I know this helps in now way at all but it made me think about the year at the U.S. Nationals. First NHRA event where all the top fuel cars went sub 5 seconds in qualifying.

Yeah I'll be there all weekend. We are headed up Fri. morningand goin to the busch race and the cup race.Again thanks for the help!!

take wingsrock's directions. you cant get lost when you get off of 465,136 is the first stop light go right and and like wings said its about 4 miles on left. cant miss it.

This is too late for the guy headin' up Fri. but a quick way to IRP is get off at exit 66 (the Plainfield exit) lotsa good and new motels and eat joints here too, also a lot of construction on I-70 around the Airport past this exit, turn left go north to US 40 (or the "T") turn right, go about 5 stop lights, just pass the Adessa Auto Auction, should be Raceway Road,(a nursery is on the left) turn left and follow Raceway north til ya come to the large petroleum tanks, turn left at the stop sign and this will lead ya to the "back gate", outside parkin is available along this road and the back gate is where the racers enter . Misses a lot of spectator traffic, and not hard once you've gone this way. Spent many a Memorial weekend at the US Nats. Also tune your radio to Kool 101.9 good music and lotsa racin' stuff.
Tim

Tim..That sounds like the way we go in for the 500. We camp at the Good Sam's just off of 70 there. Don't look for the nursery though, it's been closed the past couple of years, I think they moved.

Back