Anyone hear anything about Lebanon I-44 Speedway?

dluna11w

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about schedules, rules, classes, or if they are even running this year???

Thanks.

Probably much to your disheartening, they are running this year. Schedule is being ironed out. Probably the same rules as 03 and 04. Mods are IMCA with the normaly unsanctioned changes probably, late models are open with WRS 55s on all corners. However, not to start anything, but arent you one of the many who has stated that you dont like the way Randy runs the track??

Wrong guy I think...

I don't think I've posted anything on this forum about not liking Randy. I could be wrong though.

I think I-44 is an awesome track for me to learn on. There are a few things that I've seen there the last two years that I didn't agree with...Wrecker Crew stinks, Randy just tells drivers to go somewhere else when they have a complaint, the loss of one of the best announcers, lack of updates on the webpage, drivers paying $5 more to get into the pits, no scoreboard, etc...but as long as the payout is decent for the car count he gets, and we get to race, all of those other things are just bonuses anyway. I’m not there to make friends with the promoter and I don’t think he is either; I’m just there to do what I love. The asphalt pits and wide / banked track are definitely bonuses. It is also the closest track that runs under IMCA rules. It is much nicer to drive 1 hr. to the track instead of all the way down to West Plains ( which is an amazing track that actually has almost all of those bonuses listed above ).

Hopefully he has the same 2 practice weekends in March like he did last year.

Back