Anywhere for us to race since we are done @ Pevely until October in the Pro 4's?

Grange

Range 65
Hey Folks,

Am I the only one that has the bug to race? Any ideas where we can run our Pro-4's between now and October?

I believe Doe run races this week and the week after. Tri-city is still racing of fridays, Mt. Vernon, and Highland aren't too far away for saturdays. Plus there are some big shows not too far that Fisher can tell us all about, cause I don't know all the dates.

Saturday Sept. 15 Macon speedway has the hornet world championships (I believe $1000 to win)
Saturday Sept. 22 Lincoln Speedway has the Wild thing championships (I believe $1500 to win)
That's 2 of the big shows I know of. May go to Lincoln, definetly am not going to macon though. There are also a couple races in southern Iowa that are coming up but don't know specifics.

Heres the lowdown for Doe Run.

September 7 Regular Show-Rained out

14 Regular Show-Last points night
Lawn Mower Class will be
running also tonight

21 Season Finale. Vintage cars
Finale. Bonfire & music after
the races

Classes for 2007 include Caged Karts, Mini Stocks, Hornets, 600cc Multi and 305 Limited Sprint Cars

Anyone interested in making the drive to run down there?

Tri City this Friday, Sept 14

Fisher plans on heading up to Tri-City this Friday night. Anybody else wanna' come along? The more the merrier!!!

I think the 65(Gary) and 66(Jason) are heading to Doe Run on Friday.If anyone wants to meet, we should be heading through Festus around 5pm.

I think I would get run over @ Tri-City with the DOHC cars over there. Fish is in a whole differnt world than the rest of the Posse.

Also....... The mowers will be there, and they were a real hoot to watch last time we went.

Thanks,

Gary

We are trying to get the pro-4 class at the Benton MO track for next season. (looks like a done deal). We are going to use basically the same rule book as I55. We would love to have some of you guys come down and put on an exhibition show. If we can get 8 cars we will run heats and features for you. Probably be running for just a trophy.. Benton runs on Fri. nights, its been smooth and dry the past several weeks (prior to rain). Slightly smaller than I55 with less banking. We would welcome you guys down if you want to come.

How many more weeks is Benton open?I think I allready got my mind made up on Doe run, but wouldn't mind it in a couple weeks.

Yes, Gary. It is south of Cape. About twice the drive as coming to Doe Run...(100-110 miles vs. 50);)

I would love to come and run at Benton, just let us know when it will go down. I will be running at Tri-City on Friday (for UMP), I would like to come run at Doe Run but i dont think they give a trophie or money unless it's a special night, If i'm wrong someone please correct me.

Jason Crump

I just read on the main forum that Tri City has the top six locked in, which probably means they will start in the top six spots. Not what i wanted to here so I may be at Doe Run. Peace.

Jason,

If you read this, I did not forget about ya, just left your number @ work. I will do not know your user name to send you a private message. I will catch up with you tomorrow.

Im thinking we meet around 4:45-5:00 @ the commuter lot @ 55 and Imperial main. That should put us right in the middle of Friday Rush Hour traffic.:mad:

If anyone else wants to follow we will meet up with ya.

doe run

who all is going to doe run friday night and who all is going to benton please let me know i think i am going to doe run but if enough people go to benton i will go there

Jason, I'm almost positive that Bobby gives a trophy every night at Doe Run...MO35 or mlas1105 could elaborate if they reads this.

The Pevely posse night was the only night that I am aware of him giving money, but he might be willing to try something again on a large turnout. I wouldn't expect it for the remainder of this year, but you never know...

You guys may want to call ahead, if you plan on going to Benton this week... According to a post on their part of the stlracing forums, MOSWEETNESS28 posted that she called them yesterday and they are not running again til the 21st...if I read it correctly. Check it out for yourself, just thought I'd give y'all a heads up..

Actually, after reading her post again...I think they were only referring to the sprint cars:rolleyes:

Benton is not running this weekend 9/14 due to the local fair. They will be running Fri. 9/21 with $800 to win pure stocks and a crate late model race. I need to get some idea of how many people wanting to come down and race. I am thinking more like Fri. 9/28 which would give us a chance to organize something and advertise it a little. Like I said before we want to start this class for next season and nobody down here knows what a hornet car is. It would give the locals an idea of what we're talking about. If this works out that would give you guys another option for Fri. night. Give me a little feedback on your thoughts.

65 an 66 going to Doe Run this week for sure .And I think the Buechting brother and sister are going also. Sounds like Fish and crump are going to Tri-City.

I think we may try and put something together in Benton for the 28th.

65 an 66 going to Doe Run this week for sure .And I think the Buechting brother and sister are going also. Sounds like Fish and crump are going to Tri-City.

I think we may try and put something together in Benton for the 28th.

Back