Are these the tire rules they will be checking for in Fayette County this weekend?

15.8 – Wheels and Tires
A.) Only OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16-inch passenger tires will be permitted. Racing, mud, and/or snow tires will not be permitted.
B.) Alterations of any type including re-caps, softening, chemical alteration, conditioning, siping and/or grooving will not be permitted.
C.) All wheels must be OEM steel or aluminum wheels with a maximum width of seven (7) inches and a standard bead.
D.) All four (4) tires and wheels must be of the same series, size and offset.
E.) All tires must remain inside of the body.
F.) Wheel spacers and/or bleeder valves will not be permitted.
G.) Wheel reinforcement is strongly recommended.
H.) One (1) inch Outside Diameter magnetic steel lug nuts on steel wheels are required.

What about air Pressure?

Yes! Although tires do not have to be the same size on all 4 corners. They can be different front to rear but they must be same side to side! There is NO tire pressure rule. Hope this helps.... Rob

SPARKY, do you know ANYTHING?
Maybe you could help answer some questions; that way I won't offend you with my helping!

Mr. Shaw

Mr. Shaw, I was not meaning to offend you in any matter. It just seems that everytime someone has a question, you are there to answer it. I meant it more as a compliment than a complaint.

Also, I look forward to racing you next year. I have learned alot from just watching you.

LOL.... Sorry, I took it the wrong way then.

Yeah, my buddy told me I need to stop posting video because some people may learn from it. I see it as a promoting tool to recruit drivers, and fans into this class. If that makes some better drivers then that's awesome! Ones only as good as their competition. Three out of the four UMP Champions are from Highland... We pushed each other to be better drivers and I truly believe that's how I've become the driver I am today.

Rob, I think we are going to come up, can we be sure that is the tire rule, hate to have to buy four new tires if we dont have to.
look forward to running with you again, #11
(mrw wheels will be back at jeff city)

That's the tire rule they have been going by all year. We'll see you this weekend.

Rob

Rob, I think we are going to come up, can we be sure that is the tire rule, hate to have to buy four new tires if we dont have to.
look forward to running with you again, #11
(mrw wheels will be back at jeff city)

I see they are having hot laps early both days, did they do this the last two day show? and do the races get over at a decent hour due to the early start time?

The last 2 day show was Friday and Saturday. I believe they changed it in hopes of getting more cars. They should be over early with the early start times.

Where did the tire tread width rule they were measuring for sunday come from, not that it mattered casue no one was found illegal, but where in the rules does it say that?? i see a 7 inch wheel max above, but nothing about tread width.

Back