Arizona

IRACE75

Is anyone aware of some Late Model Racing in Arizona the last part of this month? I need to know the dates and where the races will be. Thanks

January 17: Early Thaw, Central Arizona Raceway, AZ
January 18: Early Thaw, Manzanita Speedway, AZ
January 20: Early Thaw, Central Arizona Raceway, AZ
January 22: Early Thaw, Central Arizona Raceway, AZ
January 24: Early Thaw, Central Arizona Raceway, AZ
January 25: Early Thaw, Central Arizona Raceway, AZ

Ed Dixon will be out their racing the 99 Schrader Late Model. Wish i could be thier. Good Luck Ed and Kenny Bing home the big one Ed.:) What other St. Louis Drivers are going out their?

Are you sure about that DRTFN? The probable entry list has him in the 50 car. See the list @ http://www.southwesternstockcar.com/centralarizona/2003/centralarizona_12-23entries/

Go here for some good pictures of Early Thaw 3's entries at Webshots Community: http://community.webshots.com/album/62521925XOgnEJ/0

I have been to every Early Thaw event sine the first one and I will tell you that I have no plans to miss any of the Early Thaw 4 shows. This series is as good as it gets in the Southwest. If you don't make it out here this year and you read the results from this years show I bet you think seriously about it next year.

Ya im sure. I hang out with Ed my sister does his stats for him. We go lot of places with him. Ed is flying down their. He is not driving.

Thanks for verifing that DRTFN. I have not seen Ed race since June 2000 when I moved out here from STL. Looking forward to seeing him race again. I picked him to win the series on 4m. There will be plenty of stiff competition but I'm sure he will do good.

Anyone know if Eddie Dixon changed his plans for Early Thaw? Race #1 came and went and no Eddie. It was the Steve Francis show from the drop of the green flag. Maybe somebody will have something for him today at Manzy.

Don't hold me to this but the last I heard from the Schrader camp - Dixon was going to drive the 99 car during the final events where Kenny has prior engagements.

Thanks michelle. I was kind of thinking that might be the case as Kenny will be at PIR for Winter Heat next weekend. Since I looked at Eddies website and saw all six Early Thaw shows listed on the tentative schedule I thought Eddie might drive Kenny's backup car for the whole series but it appears to be wishful thinking.

Has not done well in Event #1. 8th in heat race and 16th in his B-Main. Maybe he will do better today at Manzy. I am on my way to find out.

Ariz Race Fan, THANKS for the update. I was hoping he would be good right out of the box. New car and all, maybe he can get things figured out fairly quick. Anymore updates will be greatly appreciated.
Ken Johnson #17

Ed is going down some time this week. He is racing the last few races for Schrader> Ed's son Danny is down their already, he flew down to Carolina friday night and went the rest of the way with Schraders pit crew. Danny is a very nice kid he will talk to you if you would like to know more.

GOOD LUCK KENNY:) :D

GOOD LUCK ED :cool: :) :D

Ken,he finished 5th im last chance race and was in b main in a transfer spot when he got hit in tire and got flat.Car is getting better each night.Just got off the phone with him and he said in b he could run right with Francis so it sounds like there getting car close.Website out there does not give true finishing order for prelims.

Apparently the track last night is much more racey than the previous one. My dad also said the car was too tight the first night and yesterday Joey made some necessary adjustments so that should have helped too. At least they're all having a good time. :) Congrats to Terry Gene on the win!

Back