ASCS Mid-South Region Opener at I-30 Speedway Approaches

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (March 22, 2006) – The countdown is on. In just ten short days, the American Sprint Car Series will unveil the all-new ASCS Mid-South Region at Little Rock’s I-30 Speedway on Saturday night, April 1.

The April 1 opener at I-30 Speedway kicks off a slate of ten events at eight different tracks throughout Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi and Louisiana. After the Little Rock opener, the next ASCS Mid-South Regional action is at Swinging Bridge Raceway in Jackson, MS, on April 14 and Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, MS, on April 15.

A strong field of cars is expected for the ASCS Mid-South Region debut at I-30 Speedway, with O’Reilly ASCoT National championship contenders Jan Howard, Sean McClelland and Jason Johnson among those expected to drop in on the Regional racers.

A number of the Region’s top shoes are expected, including Dale Howard, Josh Howard, Mike Ward, A.G. Rains and Bryce Vowan. A strong contingent of local cars will try to defend their home turf from the invading forces, including Lewis Jenkins, Jr., Joe Young, Cody Gardner, Rick Pringle and defending track champion Pete Butler.

Racing action is set to go green at 7:30 p.m.

The high-banked, ¼-mile I-30 Speedway clay oval is located seven miles southwest of Little Rock off I-30 Exit 126. For more information, contact the track at 501-455-4567.

In its 15th year of sanctioning Sprint Car racing in the United States, the American Sprint Car Series will present approximately 180 nights of racing in 2006 including the National Tour and its Regional Tours, including Gulf South, Mid-South, Midwest, Northern Plains, Patriot Sprint Group, Rocky Mountain, Sooner, Southern and Sprints on Dirt.

Additional information regarding the American Sprint Car Series is available at www.ascsracing.com.

Back