Assn formulation meeting LLM run with Crates?

clintonracer

John Farmer
In an attempt to unify all area tracks, so the LLM racers have uniform rules and a level playing field, we are starting a MEMBER OPERATED association.

The rules may allow for crates to run with LLM classes. Come show your support for the LLM class, and give your input. We may also do some touring, or even provide for a statewide points fund.

Because of the large number of people that have indicated they will be attending the LLM Association meeting Sat., the meeting place has been moved.

The Sat, Nov. 11 meeting will be in the Restaurant and Lounge at the Ramada Inn (3501 W. 50 Hwy.) located next to the Wal-Mart in Sedalia Mo.
Meeting time is still 1 p.m.

Please let all your friends know. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. I will be eMailing all the area tracks and promoters, asking them to attend.

Also, if you have rules that you think are worthy of consideration, bring a copy of those. Most communication I've had from racers, shows rules similar to Callaway County or CMS are what everyone prefers.

We would like to have something that we can have in place that will work to the advantage of the racers an the tracks for this 2007, with a long term agenda in mind.

John Farmer

660-890-AUTO(2886

I attended the meeting and what I'm about to say is JMO.

As many may know we have had new series introduced into our area and that has split up the cars. The late model class, weather it be LLM or Crate and even in some areas Super Lates are now spread to thin to provide tracks that have run them in the past with a decent car count that could put on a race, not just a "line up and follow the leader" dask. This causing many to re-think if they will continue to run them next year.

When this whole thing about trying to get together and develop a association that might combine rules so more cars could come and run on a level playing field, allowing tracks to join (if they wanted), getting 20 -30 cars a night at those tracks that joined and have a pay schedule that all could benefit from while not holding up the track promoters, several of us get exicted and began speading the word and that more folks willing to step up to the plate.

The thing here is that the two tracks, CMS and Valley Speedway, that have the best car counts don't really need to change anything within their rules. These two tracks pay the best and therefore, will continue to get more and more cars with the rules they now have. Yes, true the might pick up a few more if they were to include the Crate guys, but nothing on a regular basis.

So, I'm sure others will have a different outlook from the meeting, but for now I see nothing to get excited about.

Ed Martin

This all came about on another forum and myself i think some of it was mis-understood.
Yes alot of us drivers would like to have a touring series, i like to travel so i would be for it. BUT first you got to walk before you can run.
The meeting was to be about agreeing on a set of rules that we could present to all tracks that run the Limited late models now or would be interested.
These rules would also allow the crate motor cars to run under the same rules with a weight break.

CMS and Valley do probably have the better car count, but i would like to see the car count grow at callaway, and double X, Lucas Oil, etc.
There are more crate cars in this area than around CMS and Valley. Not saying crate drivers would run these tracks, but if the rules allowed them to come, it might interest some to attend.
Lebanon Midway dropped the crates there on friday nights, so with these rules, the crate guys could run callaway or valley if they agreed to using these rules.
There is no way we will see 20-30 cars on a weekly night untill more drivers show interest. Lucas car count went up after other tracks shut down, they had 24 cars each week for the last few weeks.

I think when people started reading about this, they thought it was a touring series.
It would take alot more interest from drivers and promoters to make this a touring series right off the bat.
You would need major sponsorship for the organization to establish a points fund, you would have to have tracks that would be willing to put on a show with a good purse, etc, etc.

These are things that can be looked at on down the road "If there was more drivers who would show their interest and be willing to join the organization.

For now we are just trying to keep this class alive. It may or may not work, but its a start anyway.

What i would like to see is if the tracks would agree on the rules, than the "organization" could kind of put on a points system for the members.
This way you could run what track you wanted on friday saturday and sunday. This would kind of help the tracks cause than drivers would run more than just one night a week.
Just something we can look at if we could get atleast the tracks to support the rules.

Danny Lorton
Committee Member

Back