Attending a cup race?

eborcim

We are planning to attend a cup race in Phoenix, probably in November. Any tips or suggestions to making it work good? We would like to do the infield rather than the stands.

We go to Bristol every year and we have done Talladaga and Alanta in the infield several times. May I suggest to take a good pair Tennis shoes lots of walking. Lots of Spirits because it can be cold. A rain poncho you never know. And an attitude to have a fantastic time. Leave any dead beats at home they can ruin a weekend real fast... Take summer and winter cloths because the weather can be hot and sunny one day and cold and freezing the next. And LOTS of money because the shopping will eat you alive :D
You will have alot of fun. People and parties are all over the place. Oh yea alittle travel cooler for when you go exploring liquid refreshments are needed to keep the legs from cramping :eek: :D

I forgot about that . A definite must. That's the one thing Gus is in charge of. That and hitchin the camper..... LOL!!! You can get the driver frequincies at the track the weekend of the race. Some times you can pull it off the internet. Thanks Brickmover. Oh yea and they do not allow open fires so if you have a kerosene heater they are allowed .... Unless you have a Pshyco Magnet like we do then the party is at your house !!!!! :D

If your going to be in the infield, don't forget toilet paper. Also bring a good towel, towels are very useful. I never leave home without a good towel.

John Barr
The Trashdog

We went to Phoenix several years ago. 96 I think. Didn't do the infield though. We can always find plenty of fun at the other campgrounds. Dirtgirl is right. If you don't want to REALLY party, then the infield is not for you. But if you have been to Talledega then you have been to the party capital.
Some infields though don't let you leave once you get there. That is why we don't like them.

make sure your campers roof will support all the folks on top of it
otherwise some rainy day you will regret the great time you had standing
on it watching the cars go by. and the dead heads.....if you even remotely suspect
someone doesnt travel well,leave them at home.nothing ruins a nascar weekend more then a whiny lil puke. this deal is for the big girls and boys and pretenders will only drag ya down. gotta be ready to deal reasonably with any thing that might come up.
(even if what ya see is really ugly.)

Check and see if coolers are allowed in the grandstands. Not all tracks allow coolers. The tracks that do allow coolers have a size limit.

porterm said:
make sure your campers roof will support all the folks on top of it
otherwise some rainy day you will regret the great time you had standing
on it watching the cars go by.

On the motor home we used to take to the infields they built a frame and placed like a sub floor over the top of the roof.... Held alot of people and was much safer than the idea of a new sun roof LOL!!!!

Back