Attention Doe Run Mini Stock Drivers

ms37racer

I spoke with Bobby today and he is interested in setting up a meeting to discuss rule changes for our class. He would like everyone who plans to race at Doe Run in the mini-stocks next year to attend. He will set a date, place, and time, which he will post on Doe Run's web site.

Thanks,
Ron Moser

ms37racer said:
I spoke with Bobby today and he is interested in setting up a meeting to discuss rule changes for our class. He would like everyone who plans to race at Doe Run in the mini-stocks next year to attend. He will set a date, place, and time, which he will post on Doe Run's web site.

Thanks,
Ron Moser

You and Phil are supplying the food and beverages, right?
:D

Ok folks this is the time to keep this thread going , everybody thats has a opinion please speak up now and lets get this going in the right direction. And step up to the plate and spit out what you think now and at the rules meeting. Steve Harris

Well first off what are we looking to get out of this rules meeting. Is this to help make the playing field more even throughout all makes and models by possibly allowing any motor in any make or is this meeting to relook at the rules and make sure we don't out price ourselves, which in my opinion some have already done, and possibly take a step back.

If the #1 concern is price of this class then I don't think allowing any motor in any vehicle will help that cause any. I already know what several ford guys have in there motors. Not to blame them. They are doing what it takes to win within the rules. But if a chevy guy thinks he's saving himself any money putting a 2300 in it he's probably wrong. Sure you can run it a little built but it won't be up front with the real $$ motors. And yes it's racing but this is also an entry level class and I'd like to see it stay that way. Some say you can't go back...I've heard that from other classes and now they say they've out priced themselves and shame on them they say. Nothing wrong with stepping up and being the first to protect what we got. You got guys with $1500 ministocks and you got guys with $4000 - $6000 ministocks.

I say if you want to keep this class alive and get it to grow then taking a step back may be what we need. If it's allowing for more $4000 plus ministocks and allowing 2300s in everything then lets go. I'm not afraid to spend a little money but if I spend that kind of money I'll do it in a different class. And we'll still have a divided class on the track. I've heard some say they are going to purestreets because of the price of the ministock has grown to almost the same price. Well that aint helping the ministock numbers.

I know what I'd like to see happen but I am also curious what everyone elses thoughts are. I know it doesn't revolve around me so when it comes to stuff like this I'm more of a "Pros to Cons" guy then on any set thing.

I just see where it's going right now and we're headed down the same road that everyone else has traveled and no ones learned from it yet.

JMO
how about yours

dawg gone it..another long post..

Steve and myself have been thru 2 and looking like the third class now that has out priced themselves. Yes the cost of racing is expensive and if you want to be up front you had better spend the money or find a class a little more affordable.I would say that now is the time to get some restriction going before the mini stock class is one of these classes that are gone.I have a paper that was signed by several drivers that want the any motor deal. Hard compound tires would be one thing that will help even the class out. How many times have you heard me say the vacuumn rule and get dogged for it.Now is the time to wake up and decide if you want your class to live or keep adding more to the cost of the cars for the same pay and see how many more years they will survive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rules

i want to race 3 wide at doerun as much as anybody-i had a heck of a year this year,but the more you win the more others start to not care for you.i to want to see others in the winners circle,but how do we even out the field???well maybe i can shed some light.as for as my engine,yes i had a few $ tied up in it-everything was new except the block,i didn't think running a 100,000 mile motor parts would be a good idea-as stated all year,the only thing aftermarket in my engine is the pistons,camshaft and an adjustible cam gear.so how do we make the fords slower???take away the cam gear???doesn't bother me any.stock pistons,i don't think that would make a diffrence-camshaft rule,(vaccumm)-yes it will give something for a tech man to look at,but will it really even the score,doesn,t matter to me.tire rule(hard compound)well i ran bald hard tires the first half of the season then i bought new soft ones,didn't make me any faster-and yes i would hate to junk 4 new tires because they are soft compound-if you really want to know why i have won so much this year,then please listen-i started working on the car the day after the season ended.i read and did research on the internet for hours,and i learned how things worked and applied that knowledge to my car.attition to detail will always win the race.see page #2

page 2

so now if you are ready to win do some research.find out how your transmission gearing and rearend gearing work together.most of the racers at drr don't have the right final drive ratio.do you have a cam that has the powerband for the gear ratio you are running.have you ever scaled your car to make it handle better.when something doesn't seem right do you just hope the problem goes away or do you try to correct it.guys i have been where some of you are at-it can really turn you against racing another year-but if i wouldn't of had them bad years i would of never learned how to fix and work on my own car-i went through alot of motors and headache the past few years-so what ever the track decides to do as for as the rules,i will comply-i just think people are missing the real reason they ar not winning-THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS,i have always said if you have a 2300 i can try my best to help you,but i am not going to build it for you-my opinion is aftermarket rods will even the feild for the bowties,if they do their homework,i just want to help the class be more competitive,not slow some cars down,shannon#8

Even the score

As I have already stated here before, make the Chevy's keep stock rods, take away the need to have an adjustable cam gear on the Fords by not letting them cut the crap out of their blocks and heads. Was that part of your homework Shannon? If you have a .010 in the hole rule it is the same for everybody and saves money on machine work. This rule works and has proven its worth at more than one track and more than one class. I would also limit the head castings available for each make which would allow for a cc rule. I personally will buy the tech man the tools to check both. It don't get any easier than that. My personal opinion is that too many people took advantage of the rule that says you can true up the block and heads. Anybody that had .150 taken off the head and was running with their pistons at zero deck in my mind were cheating. Does this sound familiar to anybody?

well lets see-anytime i and most of the people i know have a engine built you zero deck them,i figured as an engine builder you would to-.10 in the bore is ok with me,most the racers will all have to get new blocks-adjustible cam gear,like i said i don't need one(yes i do have one)as for as .150 off a head,it is cheap horsepower.a chevy can do it just like a ford can,if you do your homework and find the right stock head,i know some chevys that have more than .150 off the head-it has been proven that chevys will run neck in neck with the fords-by the rules we have now-some just choose to do more homework than others-the engine that you built in brians truck smoked me one night in hot laps-yes that was a truck that could run up front as well-but he had problems elsewhere that haunted the truck all year-just like the mechanics race when forster ran it,it ran perfect for a few laps then just pooped out-if he would of got it lined out,it would of been a top truck-i will agree with you that the competion should be closer,but hopefully we can all come to an agreement,hope you make the rules meeting,to better the class,shannon

homework?

It is not a matter of homework, it is a matter of an even playing field. I chose not to do those things to be in compliance to the DRR rules. You and others have taken it to the extreme and abused the gray area of this rule. My point is, if you make rule changes, make them to improve compeititon and even the playing field. I thought that was what everybody was leaning towards. Lets save the competitors some money so they can better afford the class and if a more enjoyable racing experience comes out of all of this for them and the fans, then I apologize. And for Brians truck, we did figure it out, but during the mechanics race, it broke a "STOCK" rocker arm. That was fixed before he traded it. The two rules I have been refering to are easy to tech and take the individual interpretation part of it away!!! But it will be up to everybody to agree that it needs to be done.

Result of stock rods!

Attachments

• Marty blows up.jpg
    Marty blows up.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 116
mini STOCK

I've been an aftermarket rod advocate, but if you want change you have to give and take. I would gladly give up the aftermarket rod if we take on rules that will allow you not to have so much compression that they don't have a chance to live. RPM is key and if you are going to be mini-STOCK, lets do it fairly stock. Your agenda is making DRR as close to the RAMS as possible, that doesn't interest me in the least. I have been approached by many people who would rather go back to a more stock class and if the majority wants that then so be it! If not, then we will have to comply or go to another class. One thing about your RAMS class is that you want a more performance oriented situation but refuse to let anything good for any other makes. You made the 153 Chevy illegal, because of the motor mount stuation and what it does to the location of the engine in the vehicle. Change that rule and watch what happens. But then that will even the score between the Ford and the Chevy and we all know Millsey wouldn't like that at all. I would like to see somebody build a strong Toyota and watch everybody start crying foul on that one.

pwracing said:
(1). You made the 153 Chevy illegal, because of the motor mount stuation and what it does to the location of the engine in the vehicle. Change that rule and watch what happens.....(2) But then that will even the score between the Ford and the Chevy and we all know Millsey wouldn't like that at all. I would like to see somebody build a strong Toyota and watch everybody start crying foul on that one.

on #1 I got a 153 and a couple of s-10's cant we just make mounts to move the motor forward? like the 2.5?

#2 oh yeah can't wait to see a toyo out there man can you imagine on how many "he's cheating" would be goin on!!!

im game

bobby has some tough decisions ahead of him-i am sure he will do his best to help the intrest of this class-i hope the rules have no gray areas next year,then we will save alot of bickering.is it april yet:eek:

Whats happening Smurf, haven't got to trade jabs with you in quite some time! I might be interested in that 153 if things change for the RAMS. I beleive we can run them at DRR but not to get RAMS points. There might be something we could do about the mount thing that just has to be worked out with everybody's input! Somebody please build a Toyo, that would be way too much fun to watch!

pwracing said:
Whats happening Smurf, haven't got to trade jabs with you in quite some time! I might be interested in that 153 if things change for the RAMS. I beleive we can run them at DRR but not to get RAMS points. There might be something we could do about the mount thing that just has to be worked out with everybody's input! Somebody please build a Toyo, that would be way too much fun to watch!

but I would hate to part out my boat( lower unit went south) hey I do have a motor I know it not original its in a vega but the kid told me it was out of something else it had a saginaw 4 speed in it when we bought it..

toyo the way to go:D :D :D

Back