ATTN: All RWD Mini Stocks

Uncle Ed.

Team Heidenhain Racing
Hey Guys and Girls:

We have gotten permission to have the event we have all been waiting for.
We confirmed it Saturday night with MCS track owner Mel Conard.
We will be having The HEIDENHAIN 10K Mini Stock Event at MCS on 9/22/07.
For those of you not up to speed on the metric system that's 24.852 laps!
We are making it 25 laps even.
All of the details will be available soon as well as a formal press release.
We have a commitment from Mr. Rick Korte Managing Director of HEIDENHAIN Corp based out of Schaumburg, IL. to put up the $1000.00 for first place guaranteed. They have also committed to generously fund some other finishing places as well.
Mr. Korte (as well as other HEIDENHAIN personnel) will be on hand to present the winner with the big check
Details as soon as we can get them out.

We are going to run the same basic rules as MCS MINI STOCK with some additions.
ALL CARS WILL BE INSPECTED BEFORE THE EVENT!
Please read the rules carefully when they become available.
NO EXCEPTIONS!
We don't want to waste anyones time and send you away!

All other details should be worked out by the end of the week.
Spread the word and help us build a tradition.
If this goes well it may be the first of a couple for next year.
We could use some big money races in this class.
Maybe the fans will not leave the stands until this one is finished!
It should be a real barn burner!:)

Thanks for your support.

Uncle Ed.
Team HEIDENHAIN

Thats awesome

Glad to see a pay out like that for this area, and escpecially for our local mini stocks, i just have 1 complaint......why couldnt of ya done it last year when i still had a mini stock!!!!????? Kidding, might have to try and put one together for it, but I know of 1 truck that will (if it works out) make its inagural debut at MCS that night. And might be a few more that shows up also. Have to see what I am doing that night and venture up with the mod and watch you guys put on a show, I miss running up there and miss hangin out with everyone.

Who is setting the rules? Who is the tech inspector? Will this race be a non points race? If it is a points race what happens to the vehicles that are MCS legal but not legal for this race? These are going to be asked so I may as well do it. LOL

I think this is an awesome thing!!!! I also think it will bring alot of non-regulars to the track.

Who is setting the rules? Who is the tech inspector? Will this race be a non points race? If it is a points race what happens to the vehicles that are MCS legal but not legal for this race? These are going to be asked so I may as well do it. LOL

I think this is an awesome thing!!!! I also think it will bring alot of non-regulars to the track.

Will you be there or are you gonna send
Kelly in your place?:D:DEither way, I would love to
Duck Motorsports represented that night....

You know that would be a good night to unveil the new car. However it just depends on the rules they set to whether I am there or not.

Hey Guys and Girls:

We are going to run the same basic rules as MCS MINI STOCK with some additions.
ALL CARS WILL BE INSPECTED BEFORE THE EVENT!
Please read the rules carefully when they become available.
NO EXCEPTIONS!
We don't want to waste anyones time and send you away!

Jim, this is what was said.

rules??

what "additions" to the mcs rules? can someone get the rules printed or posted asap so if any changes need to be made we have time to get them done? ...I may have to find myself a ride for this one!

The HEIDENHAIN 10K Rules.

Hi guys and girls.

Don't fret too much over the rule changes or additions.
They pertain mostly to the wheels and tires different folks run.
Some of the racers down south (as well as team HEIDENHAIN)
run midget take offs and these were not written into the rules when Mel had them posted.
This is the reason we did not start the season with all the rest of you.
These tires were a cost effective way for a 3 car team to survive as we have a national midget team who supply's us with them.
I think the rule will be as it stands with any 13" steel wheel and racing tire being added.
No 15 x 10 or late model style wheels and tires.
The only thing I want to say is that the "tech team" will be pulling a plug to check for flat tops and starting your car (with your assistance)
to listen too it.
They will be looking for aftermarket parts which are covered by the rules that are in place now at MCS.
If it revs like a modified you probably have a light clutch and or flywheel.
We all know how these 4 cylinder sewing machines rev with the stock stuff bolted to the back of the crank.
If we can all conform to the rules it should be a great chance for anyone to win the big money.

We will have all this posted just as soon as I can get it all done.
For now look at the MCS rules and make your car legal.
If you run any 13" racing wheel and racing rubber or any other tire and wheel that fits into the MCS rules come on up this week end and get your set up right for the event.
We (Team HEIDENHAIN) pit in the bottom of the pit area just past the scale. Look for the big white trailer and all 3 Green, White and Blue cars.
If you are planning to come out to MCS and run with us, come down and see us at the track.
If we are going to help the class grow we need to have some events like this.
MINI STOCK RACERS FROM AROUND THE MIDWEST,
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS NEEDED!
Come and race with some of the best this area has to offer.

See you all this week end:

Uncle Ed.

Team HEIDENHAIN

cool

i'll retard the dist so it won't rev so fast.sounds like a show i will have to attend-clutch,flywheel is a over looked area-even trans with a few gears missing-glad to hear someone is going to keep this event as "fair" as possible.25 laps,wow-that will be a workout

race

this after points for ministocks are over as i understand it, also ed ,15 inch wheel are ok i hope because most trucks run them.

Hi guys and girls.

Don't fret too much over the rule changes or additions.
They pertain mostly to the wheels and tires different folks run.
Some of the racers down south (as well as team HEIDENHAIN)
run midget take offs and these were not written into the rules when Mel had them posted.
This is the reason we did not start the season with all the rest of you.
These tires were a cost effective way for a 3 car team to survive as we have a national midget team who supply's us with them.
I think the rule will be as it stands with any 13" steel wheel and racing tire being added.
No 15 x 10 or late model style wheels and tires.
The only thing I want to say is that the "tech team" will be pulling a plug to check for flat tops and starting your car (with your assistance)
to listen too it.
They will be looking for aftermarket parts which are covered by the rules that are in place now at MCS.
If it revs like a modified you probably have a light clutch and or flywheel.
We all know how these 4 cylinder sewing machines rev with the stock stuff bolted to the back of the crank.
If we can all conform to the rules it should be a great chance for anyone to win the big money.

We will have all this posted just as soon as I can get it all done.
For now look at the MCS rules and make your car legal.
If you run any 13" racing wheel and racing rubber or any other tire and wheel that fits into the MCS rules come on up this week end and get your set up right for the event.
We (Team HEIDENHAIN) pit in the bottom of the pit area just past the scale. Look for the big white trailer and all 3 Green, White and Blue cars.
If you are planning to come out to MCS and run with us, come down and see us at the track.
If we are going to help the class grow we need to have some events like this.
MINI STOCK RACERS FROM AROUND THE MIDWEST,
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS NEEDED!
Come and race with some of the best this area has to offer.

See you all this week end:

Uncle Ed.

Team HEIDENHAIN

If you can run any 13" rim you should be able to run any 15" rim

I almost got the truck dialed in for the big race something Tony said you could never do to a truck

Sorry for the delay!

Friends and fellow competitors.

I am truly sorry for not being available to join in the discussion about the rules concerning the HEIDENHAIN sponsored race on the 22nd of September at MCS.
I have been staying close by my Mothers side as she was slowly dieing from small cell cancer.
These past few weeks have been hell to deal with and the only comfort I have known has been at the track where I could focus on the team and for a short time at least put aside the dreadful events going on in my life.
I have told none of you about this because that is how she wanted it.
She passed away peacefully last night with all of her boys and their wifes at her side.
Now we can begin to once again focus on the day to day tasks of life.
I will consider all of your concerns about the rules and speak to Mel and I am sure we can all come up with some sort of boundaries to which we can compete against one another fairly.
The points are over for the Mini's at MCS this week, so this will not play into the point race although I think it is locked up after last week end.
It would sure be a sin to let this opportunity to race for some great money to pass because we all can't get along.
Pushing the edge of the rules is indeed part of the sport.
Out and Out cheating is what drives new competitors and seasoned veterans out of the game.
Although we enjoy the weekly bunch at MCS, I think we all would like to try our hand at some others competitors to test our metal.
If this event goes well, I have a good feeling about putting on other events of the same caliber in the coming years.
For those of you who have some "pure bread" go fast parts which are not allowed in the current rules, we could give some thought to running an unlimited event for a similar purse.
I know what these parts and pieces cost and it would be a real bummer if you just can't ever use them.
Using them to win however can't be the same as when you win within the rules.
(I have seen how you all love to brag when you do win legally)

In the end Mel will have the final say so on the rules as he owns the track.
I know what he has had to do build the weekly car count.
We did not fit into the rules at the beginning of the year, so we could not compete until he invited us to come out.
After he saw the cars and was made aware of the tires we were running (13 x 10 midget tires not 15 x 10 late model tires) he said he owned the place and it would be OK until further notice.
Some of you have complained. It's OK, I under stand.
Some of you have welcomed us back and we have had a whole lot of fun.
All in all it was a successful year even though it has been a short season for us and the HEIDENHAIN 10K and the $1000.00 to win is just our way of saying thanks for allowing us back.

I sure wish we could have a huge car count so the folks at HEIDENHAIN would be more likely to have another few events like this for next year.
We all deserve to have a chance to compete for bigger purses.
These cars are just as much to repair when they are bent as any of the other classes and the racing has become just as exciting to watch as well.

Let's all try to bring our best legal package to the track and show these folks up north that we are not just some dirt bums in the middle of a corn field fighting among our selves.
And for those of you who think we have not given much thought about how to get out on the fringe of the rules, come on up and see if we don't know a thing or two.
Our team brings a total of about 40 years of building racing vehicles for the dirt and the pavement. Straight line and off road.
If there is a way to go faster, one of us has probably thought of it as well.
Some of it we learned from the other competitors.
Some of it we already had covered.
But we are still learning new stuff all the time.

I would hope Mel will at least enforce the bulk of the rules and the minor infractions we all could let slip for the sake of having a big car count.

And YES 25 laps is a work out:
THINK YOUR UP FOR IT::eek:
I will almost bet you the fastest car won't win this one!!!!!!!!:)

Good luck to all and I hope to see each and every one of you at the event.

Ed Albietz aka Uncle Ed.

Back