ATTN: Doug

wild1and83fan

How did the meeting in bethlato about 255 go??? i e-mailed that one site they replied saying there is no plan to take the racetrack down? i was just wondering what they had to say about godfrey speedway?

I was sent to cover the Godfrey Villiage Board meeting by the radio station, so I was unable to attend the Bethalto meeting. From the sounds of the story in the newspaper, it went about like the one I attended in Roxana. In other words, they are taking everyone's comments, and putting them into the results of a study. Those results won't be avaliable for a while.

Understand, this study is not telling anyone what they can or cannot do with their property. It is, however, making reccomendations to the local governments effected by the 255 corridor. Those governments, in turn, will take the results of the findings, and formulate a community strategy. If there are enough responses saying "keep our track", or "build a Cracker Barrell", it is more probable that those requests will be heard. This is a lobbying effort to let the government officials know that there are race fans who care enough to take a few minutes to speak up for their sport. Thanks for your consideration.

track

isnt there something about a buisness being in 1 location long enough isnt there a grand father act.

Back