Austin Horton Scores Unexpected Win at Senoia

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Notches Limited Late Model Win with a Crate Late Model Car

NEWNAN, Ga. (07/12/21) – Just looking to preserve as many championship points as possible in the Limited Late Model division at Senoia Raceway, Austin Horton took his Crate Late Model into battle on Saturday night.

What was initially regarded as a “damage control type night” surprisingly turned into Horton’s ninth victory of the season in his Orr’s Trucking No. 16 Super K Express/ Horton Flyer/ XR1 Rocket Chassis entry.

“It was a hell of a night, and everything went way better than expected. We’re waiting on our Limited Late Model engine to be freshened, and I didn’t want to lose too much ground in the standings, so we decided to take our Crate Late Model to try and salvage a few points. We definitely weren’t expecting to win, but that’s what we did,” Horton proudly noted. “Even though we had less power than everyone else, I knew we’d have a chance if the track was slick. The rain shower scared me, but somehow, we still got it done. It was a nice surprise, and I’m also glad to have the Crate car going in the right direction finally.”

Saturday night saw Austin Horton enter his Crate Late Model into Limited Late Model competition at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Ga.). After topping the charts in time trials against the 13-car field, Austin led flag-to-flag in the feature to register his ninth win of the season. He finished ahead of Glenn Morris, Oliver Gentry, Jason Turner, and Marty Lunsford in the 30-lapper.

For more results from this event, please visit www.SenoiaRaceway1969.com.

With the team still waiting to get their Limited Late Model back from being freshened, they will again try their luck with their Crate Late Model car in the division this Saturday at Senoia Raceway in another Weekly Racing Series Event.

Austin Horton would like to thank his marketing partners, which Super K Express, Orr’s Towing, Franklin Enterprises, GW Performance, Rocket Chassis by Clint Smith Racing, Topnotch Graphics, Horton’s Inc. and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Austin Horton, please visit www.AustinHorton16.com .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back