Awesome racing at Federated I-55 Raceway Summer Nat'ls

I just want to send kudos out to the track for one heck of an event... Some of the best racing I've seen!

That 4th late model heat where they battle up to 5 wide at one point was absolutely killer!! Also that mod feature was spectacular!

Just wanted to say GREAT JOB to the track..

First time to make comment about Federated message board. But they did a great job of running the show, although they scared me a couple times saying that they were going to run Pro4's feature first. But main reason for the post is the message board. Times during time trial, race running order with Lap count wow was it great. TRI has to get their's working. What a bonus during the longer races to know what lap racers are on. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The track was awesome. Very smart to not run til the sun was going down.

It would have been nice to know that the top 8 was going to the feature in the mod B-main instead of 2 like your paper said, and what was being announced. Was someone from UMP supposed to run the Summit series or did they leave it up to the tracks?

And very exciting to watch a car flip in time trials to salvage a top 5 finish from 18th position? after going through the b-main? Sounds like i made the wrong decision in staying home!

What was wrong with the Modified feature??!!!! Those were the best 19 laps I have seen in a long time. Door handle to door handle for 19 laps was great, until the touched going down the front.

There was plenty of passig in the Late Model feature with Korte starting 17th and finishing seventh and Babb starting beside Korte and finishing fifth. Feger started 14th and was in the top five and finished sixth.

Good racing in these two classes for sure.

Back