B-mods at I-55 next yr???

smaldirt28

I know that they announced the classes for 2015 in a earlier post and the b-mods were not included. I heard yesterday though that something was mentioned at the fall nationals drivers meeting about them running them next year. Is there any truth to this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

No quick change rear ends, depends on the track rules if they allow 4 bar or three 3link. Not much of any difference as far as A mod roller versus b mod roller. As far as motor goes there is usually a cubic inch and compression rule. Has to be steel head, flat tappet cam, 2-barrell carb (unless you got a crate motor). A bmod motor motor isnt much more than what the sportsmans run. This is just a quick run down. Like Dave said we will know the rules for sure once they are announced.

no quick changes (some tracks in upsate IL run them) 350 open motors ()no roller cams) with a 500 tec-able holly-3 link except TCS and flora (I think on flora)2500 ish pounds--some tracks allow a 8 inch spoiler--berts n brinns allowed ant most all tracks STEEL HEADS=====crate motors can run a spec 4 bbl carb--not sure on the weight on crates--------------------------------NOW OF COARSE I HAVE SEVERAL B-MODS TO SELL--one converted sportsman--turn key--front running car when ponder drove it---older GRT--got the driver rookie of the year at hi-land in 13--won a heat the last regular night n 4th in feature----------no motor or trans 100% complete roller (#54 horstman)

No quick change rear ends, depends on the track rules if they allow 4 bar or three 3link. Not much of any difference as far as A mod roller versus b mod roller. As far as motor goes there is usually a cubic inch and compression rule. Has to be steel head, flat tappet cam, 2-barrell carb (unless you got a crate motor). A bmod motor motor isnt much more than what the sportsmans run. This is just a quick run down. Like Dave said we will know the rules for sure once they are announced.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

no quick changes (some tracks in upsate IL run them) 350 open motors ()no roller cams) with a 500 tec-able holly-3 link except TCS and flora (I think on flora)2500 ish pounds--some tracks allow a 8 inch spoiler--berts n brinns allowed ant most all tracks STEEL HEADS=====crate motors can run a spec 4 bbl carb--not sure on the weight on crates--------------------------------NOW OF COARSE I HAVE SEVERAL B-MODS TO SELL--one converted sportsman--turn key--front running car when ponder drove it---older GRT--got the driver rookie of the year at hi-land in 13--won a heat the last regular night n 4th in feature----------no motor or trans 100% complete roller (#54 horstman)
Thanks, Lenny . !!

Ahhhhhhh...... I get it. Just like Nancy Pelosi told us we would know what was in Obama Care after we read it. Thanks, Dave...

Well let me put it this way....my current modified was ran as a Bmod and the only difference would be the motor and QC. From what I'm hearing from ump for 2015 will require me to change the rear suspension and shocks with QC's being a possibility. Then there is the spoiler rule for Amods that I'm assuming won't be the same for bmods.

So yeah, we don't know until the rules come out.

Well let me put it this way....my current modified was ran as a Bmod and the only difference would be the motor and QC. From what I'm hearing from ump for 2015 will require me to change the rear suspension and shocks with QC's being a possibility. Then there is the spoiler rule for Amods that I'm assuming won't be the same for bmods.

So yeah, we don't know until the rules come out.
Thanks Dave.

Tri City is running B-Mods in 2015 full time. We ran UMP B-Modified Sanctioned under our Tri City weekly track rules.

We will be having a rules meeting for the B-Mod class. The date will be announced next week.

Back