B-Mods

The Boogyman 26

Cole Trickle #25
I read somewhere in this forums that they was going to look at rule changes for B-Mods after the 2008 season. How about the B-Mods run a crate motor in there class. The reason is cars won't have 5,000 dollar motors in them and maybe a good tech guy can see illegal clutches, and maybe check tires and weight. With the crate motor everyone will be closer together instead of a being out horse powered by the big money spenders. With a little twicking the B-Mod class can get better instead of having 2 winners all year. This is something to talk about to help a class to keep the cost down. I'm sure there is more ways to keep it down be competitive and equal. Another then the track could doif they don't want to go crate motor is put a dollar claim on the motors for a certain amount. I know for sure i would of bought one last year after I left all my parts on the track last year.

And the number one thing is keep the A Mods. There the best thing for the track and DUMP the Crates.

To make the bmods a crate motor class wouldn't make it more cost effective. You can build a good competitive motor for less then what a 602 crate motor will cost you.

Last season there where multiple winnings in the class. Bill,Mike,Kyle,Kasey, did Kenny win one?

As for tech. I dont know how often your car was looked at. But my tires where checked serveral times. Clutch was looked at. Valve covers removed and that was just for the few nites I was there.

I read somewhere in this forums that they was going to look at rule changes for B-Mods after the 2008 season. How about the B-Mods run a crate motor in there class. The reason is cars won't have 5,000 dollar motors in them and maybe a good tech guy can see illegal clutches, and maybe check tires and weight. With the crate motor everyone will be closer together instead of a being out horse powered by the big money spenders. With a little twicking the B-Mod class can get better instead of having 2 winners all year. This is something to talk about to help a class to keep the cost down. I'm sure there is more ways to keep it down be competitive and equal.

And the number one thing is keep the A Mods. There the best thing for the track and DUMP the Crates.

Kaseys motor was tore down by the track and found to be legal, what else could they do? And I dont know anybody that was running a high dollar motor.

?????????

who said anything about kasey nations being illegal? Also there are many things on a car that can be illegal and be overlooked. Super light crankshafts, rods, pistons, custom made cams, but hey who says any of that is illegal.

With the track just being reopened for one year and the Bmods being a new class as well I think everything needs to just stay the way it is for now. This class is going to be bigger than last year and chances are will possible have the best car count at the rock. Yes i run a crate, but by choice and really like it. I was behind the curve ball last year and it saved me a lot of time not worrying about a motor. After running it for a year i'm really happy with it and just need to learn to drive and set the thing up better.

I don't know who's legal or illegal, but some of those guys up front look like their cars really handle good. Mine...some nights it did and some it didn't...why? LOL well i'm still figuring that stuff out.

I just think the the class and the track needs to give everything including the classes some time to settle in. Keep the Multi's at Doe Run and the BMods at the rock. Dividing a class just flat out S.U.C.K.S between two tracks that close! Don't start switching classes and or rules. And I wish the owners would communicate with us better. I think even if they are not sure where they are going yet, if they'd just tell us what is definate and what is up in the air at this time, people would be alot more understanding.

splitting the classes at two tracks would ****, and not to take anything from drr i thought the bmod race was alright but no passing is not racing hte rock is where the bmods belong and multis belong at drr leave as is and i think both tracks would still benefit. and i do hop the owners do communicate soon so you all can get prepared.

COrrect

You are correct Boogyman, all of the things that you mention are legal at Fredericktown. If you think that is to much, go run by MCS rules, which DRR will be if they run B-mods. They don't have any engine rules (dome pistons, 434, strokers, triple disc clutches, any steel heads, any cam are all legal), except steel heads and 2-bbl carb. Not to take anything away from the guys who run that class, if they make it work more power to them, but in my opinion, it is just a 4-bbl and brinn away from a regular mod.
DEREK

Boogyman26, why don't we all take up a collection and buy you some tissues. I, for one, and several other people are tired of hearing you cry. If you can't run competitively in this class, buy a go-cart! You have pissed and moaned from the beginning. The people that beat you every night had their cars set up correctly and know how to handle them. Maybe you should quit *****ing and figure your car out. Or you can go to the DRR B-MOD and spend more money to get beat worse!!!!

Sorry but would someone please get it right..... Fredericktown has E MODS.... NOT B MODS.....

I'm not getting into the middle of this but regardless what you call them the Rock Bmods are legal with MCS Bmods so it might affect the bmods at the rock. I'm not saying you won't see me there depending on what happens at the rock, but regardless it's close enough to be the same class. My point is, I just hate to see a class that is going to grow be split so early. But then if the rock would communicate with the drivers they wouldn't want to leave. I don't know...

I'm not sure what to call them either, but in my opinion the non-Amods really did put on a good show. I'd rather see them stay and the ministocks go to DRR if one class has to go.

Bmods or E mods

If the ROck would lose the cam lift rule and vacuum rule the car I ran at MCS all year last season would be legal. We run A tires and I'm pretty sure they would pass the rock's durometer test. Just wish the tracks would get a united set of rules.

We are on the border of the north/south debate on more classes than just B/E mods. Look north of here to the sportsman and south to the Super Street. Fastrack vs. CARS vs. Stormpay crate cars. UMP vs. IMCA mods. UMP pure streets vs. what we call pure streets. It has always been this way and probably always will.
When the track looked to what classes to run, it was not really an issue of where they could pull cars from other tracks, but what classes would the locals be most willing to build to.
We are all involved in this big circle of racing evolution. No matter what class we have now, in 3 years it will be something different. It will eventually be considered out of hand and this will start all over.
We must love it that way, now matter how much we b***h or we would get out of racing.
Sorry about the book,
DEREK

but what classes would the locals be most willing to build to.

if this is true then why are they cutting out a-mods, the biggest local class you can find. some people say that there wasn't very many there last year. well when a track opens two months late, cars are going to find somewhere else to run.

I'm not getting into the middle of this but regardless what you call them the Rock Bmods are legal with MCS Bmods so it might affect the bmods at the rock. I'm not saying you won't see me there depending on what happens at the rock, but regardless it's close enough to be the same class. My point is, I just hate to see a class that is going to grow be split so early. But then if the rock would communicate with the drivers they wouldn't want to leave. I don't know...
You've got this right, a little communication is better than what you all have. Good Luck with this persistant problem.

The Locals???

Well I am a local. I live 2 blocks from the track on Albert Street and we just got a mini-stock this year. We ran in about 3 or 4 mini-stock races at the end of the year at the Rock. From what I remember the mini-stock car count was growing. I would be bummed out to see the mini-stock class go. That means we are going to have to spend a bunch of $$ building a motor to run with other tracks and drive for two hours just to race. If you want my opinion the mini-stock and pure-street class are your foundational classes. Hell even 21 I think Bill N...used to drive a ministock. Most of the race car drivers started in pure street or mini-stock...so how can you say that we need to get rid of that class??:confused::confused::confused:

pw racing

Get this strait. Last season was my first time ever driving a race car and i still did ok. Now you can say what you want about me, my car, or whatever but dont take anything away from me. I played by the rules and I expect everyone else to do the same. There wasnt a fair shake on that track last season so you can make excuses all you want for whoever you want. No matter what you say you know exactly who and what im talking about so keep on talking bad about the beginner who knows what integrity is and keep taking up for those who need a little lesson in that category. By the way you probably dont even have a race car, probably drive a go cart hahahah.

Josh Hauf (573-330-8434)

?????

Mr. Hauf, just WHO are you referring to as to who didn't give you a fair shake? The rules were followed by everybody INCLUDING me. If i remember right I was the ONLY one to get tore down this year and was found LEGAL. And on any given night if you thought i was cheating in ANY way, YOU could of put your money where your mouth is and found out yourself, instead of the track doing it for you.Everyone knows it was your first year and it takes time and $$ to be competitive. Face it , drivers with EXPERIENCE beat you this year, not illegal parts on behalf of the others. EXPERIENCE along with PATIENCE and RESPECT from the other drivers will get you alot further than bashing the ones that win, and neither of those do you have. All you have done this off season is tried to get the track to cater to your needs of switching to crate motors instead of spending your time asking questions, and working on making your car handle better! Bash all you want but its not helping your driving skills any!! Kasey Nations

Kasey,

Very good point! I've watched you race the entire year of 2007 at The Rock and at SFC. I have to say it is very inspirational to watch you race. Not because your car is fast, but just the way you drive. You Push it to the edge and then slide around the track....man its gotta be a rush..ya anyway...I think you are a very good driver. I have watched you win and loose. I can honestly say that the times I saw you win was not always because you had the faster car. I know of atleast 8 cars that seem to be faster then yours, but Ive seen you out drive them or just get lucky too. Some people in the stands don't like you cause your aggresive...after watching...um...there are just some drivers that need to get the hell out of the way when the "experienced drivers" are coming through. I have to be honest..if I see your car I hope you win. Doesnt always happen that way, but a fan can hope and enjoy being on the edge with ya. Keep Pushing it Kasey!

Just Another 26 Fan,
Stephen

Back