b mods

21rocks

are the b mods done in this area? seems the tracks that run them are far west and south. fulton and farmimhgton are the closest. would be nice if a track closer would pick them up. what is your opinion on his class, or does anyone care to see them around here?

I like the idea of b-mods and their rules so much I got rid of my allied sportsman to run one at Farmington this year! Lookin forward to a fun year!

I run my Bmod at callaway and Lake Ozark speedway.. really wish some st. louis tracks would pick them up and run UMP Limited Modifieds which is almost the same thing except UMP does not allow bert and brinn type transmissions. kind of ****s driving 2-3 hours just to race. Also, I believe this is a great class because its almost like a "beginner class" for newer drivers moving up from 4 cyls. and Why buy a street stock if you plan on moving to Amod in a few years when you can buy a Bmod and once your ready easily convert it over to an Amod and save money. JMO

Benton added them for this year, but they are not UMP sanctioned. I know I've heard from 6 other people that they just bought a b-mod too and are gonna try the Lake and Farmington so it seems like its a growing class, I hope to see more tracks add them!

i moved to b mod a few years ago because it was more cost efficent for me. but now driving 2 hours puts a damper on it. i know all the tracks close by have good car counts in the classes they have, and i can't blame them for not wanting to add a class, or drop one to try a new one.

Doe Run & Fulton has bmods on friday nights, and Farmington,Benton, and the lake are running them on saturdays. That's an improvement over 6 years ago when MCS was the only track around running them. This class is definately catching on. Hopefully more tracks will pick them up and keep a uniform set of rules so a racer can go any where and race. I like being able to try new tracks but not if it cost me several hundred dollars to convert my car to a different set of rules. I think Benton and the lake are started on the right track trying to uniform the cars with a weight rule. Hey 21 rocks come try Doe Run one Friday night. Its not that far from Marthasville. There's a racer there every Friday from Sullivan. You won't beat the friendly atmosphere and respect from the officals and racers anywhere.

What gear do you run at Doe Run? I'm not even sure what gear to start with at Farmington but was told a 6.50, but I've never been to Doe Run so I have no clue there, just heard its smaller.

I've ran a 6.50 @ doe run it did fine. Thats what I run @ farmington. Now I run a 7.00 @ DRR. I know of some guys that run the same gear @ both tracks. 6.83's or 6.50's.

I feel tracks are missing a great class here. When Godfrey added b mods.....class drew more than the a mods some night!! And great close racing. Lets someone run a mod that cannot afford an a mod motor. Personally...id add they run hoosier dirt stockers(8 inch tire) and 2 bbl holley 4412 rule. Make them run a 7000 chip and weight penalty and run 2 or 2 link set ups only. Keep it simple...easy and affordable.

Thats a great idea, racin90. My Bmod actually has a leaf spring rear setup. I think the IMCA motor (358) rule and the 2 link rule are great rules, along with some of the Tennessee areas that only allow 602s and 604 crates and UMP Limited Modifieds dont allow Bert or Brinn type transmissions. Things like that just make it alot more competitive. I only spend around 1 to 2 grand a year, if that on my bmod. some other guys are out there spending 6 grand in there motors and its hard to keep up. For once id like to see a class where its not the same winners every weekend and it will truely show driver talent. jmo

Cool. Yea 2 link doesnt matter bars or leafs. Standard transmission. Crates or 358 rule. To me...its wash out. Both motors produce about the same horses on a standard 4412 holley. I go with the kiss rule(keep it simple stupid). Easy to tech....easy to finance a car. I hear you about guys spending $$$'s on a class thats supposed to be simple. Takes the fun out of it really.

All the bmods around where we race have to have a guage legal 4412. It is a good equalizer between big motors and little ones. Thats why a guy with a little motor can run up front. As far as a cubic inch rule thats stupid. Some guys including myself like the way a big motor makes the car drive. Am I using all the motor that I got? absolutely not but I like the torque curve of a big cubic inch motor. Some guys like the snappy response of a smaller motor. Cubic inch should not be a deciding factor. Also the 2link rule is dumb. How many used 2 link cars do you see for sale as apposed to a 4 bar. Then if a guy buys a 4 bar he has to spend more money to convert it over. Keeping it simple is good but why create rules to make a racer spend more money. Use the available resources out there now.

The Lake Ozark track IMO has about the best rules for b-mods around, the gauge legal 4412 is a good equalizer, and they allow berts, brinns etc, with added weight, and any rear susp. combo.

All the bmods around where we race have to have a guage legal 4412. It is a good equalizer between big motors and little ones. Thats why a guy with a little motor can run up front. As far as a cubic inch rule thats stupid. Some guys including myself like the way a big motor makes the car drive. Am I using all the motor that I got? absolutely not but I like the torque curve of a big cubic inch motor. Some guys like the snappy response of a smaller motor. Cubic inch should not be a deciding factor. Also the 2link rule is dumb. How many used 2 link cars do you see for sale as apposed to a 4 bar. Then if a guy buys a 4 bar he has to spend more money to convert it over. Keeping it simple is good but why create rules to make a racer spend more money. Use the available resources out there now.
I dont agree totally......but we all have opinions. Good luck this year. Good post

i like the ump rules, and the bert trans doesn't scare me since they have to put on weight. i've seen good two link cars run with four bar cars. i just wish there was somewhere closer than two hours away to race with the fuel prices the way they are. fulton is close for me, but i know alot of guys that brought home waded up cars. i'm sure drr is nice i've never been but it is small. i ran farmington once and liked it. except for the drive. guess i'm not hard core enuogh.

I agree with aloowing berts and brinns, but with the added weight. If you look at the cost involved, a bert trans combo used is going for $700-900, and a 5.5 inch clutch setup is still going to cost $650. not much a difference in cost. If it is to be a simple class, what is simple? Cost? or tech? In my opinion equalizers should be tire rule and gauge legal carbs, and uniform set of rules to keep costs in check. It is supposed to be a stepping stone class.

I also forgot to add in the cost for the throwout bearing when running the stock trans set-up. The cost between the two is very close, and the trans doesn't really matter in the total cost.

i think a b mod class in the stl area would have plenty of car count heck i bet there are some guys running A mods that you might even see drop down to b mods. one for the cost savings and the chance to go to the track knowing you have a chance to win and not race for 2nd to 5th place jmo

Back