Bad Accident Tonight

As everyone knows there was a bad accident tonight leaving the race track. Edwin Pettus pregnant daughter and her boyfriend were run off the road by someone. I was told that she probably broke her leg and was having stomach pains. BUt no labor so far. Her boyfriend seemed to have been more fortunate than her and wasnt injured. They are taking her to Parkland Hospital. Just wanted to let everyone know what actualy happened. Because other rumors were flying........ Hope all is well for them... LeaDonna

I was there when the accident happend they were right behind me. She was doing a great job of staying calm and wanted to use the phone to call her parents. She is a brave girl. Hope everything okay. My prayers are with them and their families.

They were taking her to St. Mary's in St. Louis because she worked there. They have a special unit for pregnant women. Everone else seemed fine. She is two weeks from due date, so even if she would go into labor baby and Mom should be OK. Keep them in our prayers.

I just got home from the hospital and I wanted to tell everyone that Emilee is doing ok. She has some cuts, bruising, and a fractured leg. But her and the baby are doing ok. They are taking her to Jefferson Memorial to take a look at her up there just to be safe.

Thank God, she and the baby are going to be alright. they are all in my prayers for a speedy recovery. May God Bless and watch over her and the baby.

Thanks for the update Mike, my wife and I sat up untill 3:00 trying to find out about Emilee and the baby, thank god they are going to be alright. Emilee is a super person and so is her boyfriend, and the whole Ed pettus family !!! our prayers are with Emilee and her baby, her boyfriend ,[ i am having a mental block, i cant remember his name] ED, CHRIS, and the WHOLE family....please keep us updated, i will watch this thread closely. again thanks Mike, Brian

We heard so many rumors about last nite while we were still in the pits. Hope you GET WELL soon and glad to hear you guys weren't hurt. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harris Motorsports

That's wonderful news Mike. From what we heard, it was a very scary accident. Please keep all of us informed. Brian is right, they are a great bunch of people. Our prayers are with the entire family.

Bruce and Martha

We're so glad to hear they're doing ok. Let us know if you need anything. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob and Mom Johnson and all the staff.

Update on Emilee

Due to the stress from the accident, they induced her labor and she could possibly have the baby by 5:00 pm this evening.So far everything is going fine. God must have surely been watching over them !!

any more news on Emilee and the baby, has she had that preacious little baby yet? Please let us know as soon as possiable, thanks Brian and Beverly

To all the racing family, Emilee and Dave were spared graciously thru the grace of God. When I called family and friends to tell them of the accident I had to stress how fortunate they are. They were hit head on causing the truck to roll and slide. Dave has a few minor puncture wounds and was extemly sore today. At some point parts of Emilee was out the window during the roll and slide. It landed on the passenger side with her right foot pinned under the car, her left leg in a bind next to the gear shift, she did have some abdomen pain. After being extricated from the car the original plan was for her to fly to St Johns - a level 1 trauma center but instead she went by SFCAD to Parkland south in Farmington. Later she was transeferred to Jefferson Memorial for mother and fetal monitoring. This hopital was chosen due to that is where she was to deliver. She has no broken bones, a small amount of road rash to the left foot and left knuckles, a large bruise to her right upper arm. Pain and difficulty moving her left leg. She was told she had a "crush" injury to her right foot. Again nothing is broke but this refers to the muscles and tendon damage from being pinned by the truck. She was able to put limited weight on that foot late this evening (9-18), but she is still having difficulty moving the left leg. It is felt that the knee is a severe sprain. She was transferred to JMH about 415 A.M. and after a suffiecnt amount of time to be monitored it was felt safe for her to either be induced to deliver or she could go home. Emilee and Dave opted for the induction. She did a wonderful job with her labor but due to failure to progress she had a cesearn section and delivered Colin James Snider at 1638, He weighs in at 8 pounds 1 ounce, is 20 inches long. He has lots of black hair and this NaNa thinks he is looking a lot like his Daddy. He is gorgeous and has the cutest chubby cheeks.(don't get the big head Dave he is much cuter than you LOL) Ed and I thank each of you for support, prayers and calls. We thank the highway patrol and Ems/FD/Firstresponders for their aid and care.A special hug and thanks to Mike and Stacey, Chuck and DeDe, and Mike and Melissa. I am tired it is 1007 pm - 9-18 I have been up since 8 am on the 17th. If i failed to mention or acknowleged a friend or deed it was a complete mishap - race for fun and drive dafely. Patty and Ed Pettus
Emilee is hoping to see everyone at the next race along with her brother.

GREAT NEWS !!!! we are so glad to here Emilee and Dave are going to have a good recovery, i know it will take time for all the different injuries to heel. But if Emilee is like her brother...a real tropper....she will be back on her feet in no time!!!! NOW about that little one...COLIN JAMES....he sounds like a cuttie, cant wait to see him!! CONGRADULATIONS to grandma and grandpa pettus on your new member to the family!!! I am so glad the accendent was not any worse then it was, [you know there guardian angels were riding with them] now the Pettus familly can cellabrate two events this comming week,Chris coming home and the birth of Colin....best wishes to all of you....Brian and Bev

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing ok, and congraduation on the new race car driver. I f you all need ANYTHING give me a call 760-8952. Hope to see you all at the races friday night.

Back