Batesville?

RACE39

What happened at Batesville? How'd the locals do? Billy Smith? Heard throught the grapevine Scott Weber had bad luck(crash).

just curious???

racer94 said:
hmm i see no weber so i guess what you heard was wrong

HARD TO DRAW A CONCLUSION FROM THOSE RESULTS. THEY ONLY SHOW TOP 3 IN THE HEATS. IF SCOTTY HAD A PROBLEM IN THE HEAT, CHANCES ARE HE WOULDN'T BE SHOWN.

Yes, we went and had a GREAT time. Didn't make the show (Friday night tried a new set-up, didn't work for us; Saturday car was great, needed to pass one or two more cars; Saturday night looked pretty good, was running second and was hit and sent to the wall). No huge damage; we're ready to go for this weekend. The format of the show makes it very difficult to make; though there is nothing wrong with format, just tough. The only thing that would make this format better would be to qualify, then proceed with same format.

Everyone talks about Batesville Speedway like it is some sort of Taj Mahal; the facility itself is horrible; though the track was in pretty good shape. I was very disappointed in the facility. The pit area restrooms should have been condemned; of course rather than condemn them I would have merely settled for a cleaning and some TP instead!

Billy Smith also made the trip to Batesville. He finished 2nd in his heat race on Saturday which put him into the qualifying feature......which is extremely TOUGH to do. At one point, I believe Billy was in a position to make the 70 lap main feature, but was "booted" back. Those guys down there are serious!!!! They'll do whatever it takes. Despite not making the big show, I'd say all-in-all Billy had a "FUN" weekend and was satisfied with his first trip to Batesville.

Mrs 4J, the pits are NOT the place to be in Batesville...I'll agree with you there. The track itself is awesome, but the facilities could use some work. What did ya think about that HUGE hill to get to the grandstands??????? That's nice isn't it??? Especially if you're on foot.

The hill was GOOD, we had a car with us in the pits; just a short drive to a clean bathroom!

I agree with you, it is a very tough show to make; but we're not giving up anytime soon; we're going to get back on that horse and ride some more!!!!

Great to hear. If anyone shouldn't give up on Batesville, it's Scott Weber. He is such a talented driver who can conquer any track he puts his mind to...it just may take a few times to do it. With the amount of cars that show up for this show and the TOP notch quality, this show is extremely tough to make. So, saddle up your horses!!!!

On a side note, what are the plans for the rest of the season for the Weber Racing Team? And, do ya all have any t-shirts left? Long-sleeve t-shirts?

Thanks FathfulFan, we appreciate that! We are completely out of all t-shirts (short & long sleeved), sweatshirts and hats. We have more diecasts on the way. Please watch our website for more apparel and other cool items. You will be able to do a mail order from the website. We have plans for some really neat stuff for next year too!...stay tuned.

This weekend he will be at KY Lake, not sure about the rest of season. We would really like to run some more IMCA stuff.

His website currently doesn't have the apparell order stuff up yet. But once they get in the new merchandise, Scott's site will have the capacity to order directly from his website!

Mrs4JThis weekend he will be at KY Lake said:
GREAT!!! Will the 4j be racing there both Friday and Saturday? I'll be there for the Saturday Commonwealth Cup Race, so I'll be cheering him on. Good luck!!!

He should come down to Poplar Bluff the following weekend for the Nathan Rettig Memorial race.

$2,500 to win Mods.

Back