Baxter Sidelined for Injury Shortly After Earning Top-Five Finish

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - DIXON, Calif. (Nov. 1, 2018) - A non-racing injury brought Blaine Baxter's racing season to an early end just days after one of his best performances of the year.

The 10-year-old broke his right foot on a trampoline last week, just a few days after charging from last to fifth place in the Restricted micro sprint feature at Dixon Speedway the previous Saturday night.

8fc4f5fd-47f9-4fd4-84cb-ab92e6b4db45.jpg
"I felt it pop right away," he said. "It wasn't too bad at first until the pain came in. I broke the fifth metatarsal bone. I didn't need surgery. I just have to wear a boot for about five-to-six weeks."

Dixon had recently produced one of his best performances on the track this year at Dixon Speedway on Oct. 20. The fifth-place result marked his third top five of the season.

"I think that was our best weekend this year," he said. "The track was good. I could run almost anywhere I wanted on it, but I did my best running around the middle. I passed most of the cars on the straightaway and then took their line away in the corners. The car was perfect."

Baxter also gave credit to being in a better state of mind due to his recent improvement in performance on the track.

"I think a lot of it had to do with the way I felt going into the race," he said. "I feel more comfortable with the car and have more confidence every week."

Baxter said he will be out of racing for at least the next month as he waits for his foot to heal.

"Our next race will probably be in Salem, Ore.," said his father, Dustin Baxter. "They have an indoor track there and we'll take the wing off to race. At this point, we're not sure if it will be before Christmas or after."

QUICK RESULTS -

Oct. 20 - Dixon Speedway in Dixon, Calif. - Qualifying: 5; Heat race: 4 (-); Feature: 5 (-).

SEASON STATS -

37 races, 0 wins, 3 top fives, 6 top 10s, 18 top 15s, 23 top 20s

UP NEXT -

TBD

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/blainebaxter25

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaineBaxterRacing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Westside Mechanical

Westside Mechanical, located in Santa Rosa, Calif., is a plumbing and fire sprinkler business that provides residential and commercial repair and installation. It can be reached at 707-546-3860.

"Jerry Lewis of Westside Mechanical is always in our thoughts and especially now, since it was a year ago on Oct. 30 that he passed away," said Dustin Baxter. "Jerry was a longtime supporter of Blaine and his racing. He is greatly missed and we're racing this year in memory of Jerry."

Blaine Baxter Racing would also like to thank Les Schwab Tire Center, Dirt Co Media House, FK Shocks, Shell Shock, Dustin Davis Demolition, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Blackbeard, Arai Helmets, Simpson Fire Suits, D1 Chassis, Wraps N Motion, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Low Voltage Security, Energycoil and Adams Performance for their continued support.

Back