bedrock friday

Pork

PROJECT K&K
are they really going to race in the heat all the other tracks have cancelled

were not going
thats 2 outlaws
and two clones

heard mckay wasnt even going

im not going to put a helmet of my son and have to take him to the hospital later

not trying to sound like a wus but its to hot for these kids

pork

HEAT ALERT

As everyone knows the Heat is horrible right now. We want to encourage all to be smart...For Friday Nights races. Drivers and crew should hydrate as much as possible before coming to the track. Cold water, Gatorade and soft drinks are available at the track. All are encouraged to bring a water jug with them as well. The cool collars work very well and are pretty cheap. We do not want anyone to become ill and will do whatever we can to make it a safe night for all.

The pace should slow a bit to give everyone ample time to cool off, get a drink, tune the karts and make the next race.

I cant say I blame a business for going on dispite the heat but I have to say working in a Dr.s office I have seen seven people come in with heat stroke in the past week, 3 were working construction so to be expected, 3 were children or teens outside for a while and one was a child at a pool, yes its that hot your body temp rises eventhough in the cool of water. With that said as a mother I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place, one hand my medical backround says no way will I put my family in danger on the other hand my child is up in points and he is begging me to go so he can keep up. The kid won and we will be there. We will do what we can to keep our family safe and cool. I know two of the carts that come with us will not be there due to the heat. I just hope their decision doesnt waste my time with no cart count.

jody (35 mother)

heat

you put a helmet on any body that wants to race, they wont say a word about the heat or the cold. stay hydrated, bring a fan, and a cold wash cloth in your cooler to lower your body temperature, lets go racen boys

Back