Bedrock Practice confusion

5430 racing

curt5430
When the heck is the real practices at Bedrock. 2 post on here say two different things. One says 11,12,25 & 26. The other says March 25 & 26 and April 1 & 2. Which, if either is it.

Practice dates were clearly posted earlier. Sat-Sun.March 25-26
Sat-Sun.April 1-2
Don't quote me,but I think the gate will be open around 12noon.

Pork!! Who dhat??

Hey Pork, Where the h*** have you been hiding?? Kevin and I have teamed up this year.Project K&K&D Get with it man!!

Larry, How's it going for you?? As far as I know,there will be racing @ JYI this season.Nobody wants to take on being track manager.It looks like it'll be the same as last year,unfortunatly.Hope to see you on Fri.'s @ Bedrock.
Silver Bullit rides againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:D

maybe i should run it the way a track should be run and pay everything back to the racers and only keep enough money to pay the track bills.
Thats the problem with tracks around hear they are totally revolving around the locals and thats why u never expand and grow. One needs to pay 100% of entry fees back to the racers and when word gets out u r paying, the crowds will come after all we r racing to have fun and the love of the sport but lets face it it would be nice to have somewhat of a return if u happen to win.
When i raced down south every weekend u could run for a decent payout at any given track, up hear u cant even pay for your gas. And people wonder why the kart counts r so low.
What if a person charged 25 dollars to enter a class and had 10 karts in that class thats $250.00 dollars to break up. U charge a 3 dollar gate fee and all the proffit made on concession, shirts or anyother track promotion sales - pay the track employees or any other workers, as far as im concerned im sure i could find peope that would do it for the love of the sport or should i say the comradship. anyway u could start a points fund for the rest of your profit how much does it cost for a some trophies and a potluck banquet.

Anyway the problem i c with tracks around here is when they happen to get a crowd they blow it and lose them cause ive never seen a pay increase for a big crowd, well one time i raced at a track and they give an extra $50.00 dollars WOW. U know its bad when u have to promote an extra 50.00 to get a crowd. Why not if u have X amount of karts, no matter what the winner gets an extra 50.00(in each class) cause if there r more karts, there r more spectators and more pit passes sold, nobody shows up by thereself.
For the record im not trying to make anybody mad im just stating my opinion on how a track should be run cause ive been in the sport for a long time and i know what draws crowds. Thats why the best track promotors were past racers. And no i havent run a track so im sure there r alot of other stuff that goes with running a track.
By the way i dont want to run JY1 mainly because i want to race and thats bad business doing both!

GET A FAIR FLAGMAN THAT STICKS BY HIS WORD AND A PAYOUT, AND THEY WILL COME

Calling the Cops

There's an APB out for you Ben Turbine!! You make a lot of good points of suggestion towards operating a track.The #1 problem is whoever does this job is in for a summer of headaches,to say the least.As for payout,every track has different issues concerning overhead,expences,ect.:cool:

Convenient ect.

Larry, It just boils down to a 10 min.drive compaired to a hour drive.Besides the cost of gas,that drive home at 2:30AM Sun.morning after a few cold Buds is rough.I'm not saying that I won't race JYI,just not weekly.And everything is subject to change.HaHa:D

20racer said:
ben give frank a call i am sure he would sell you the track,:confused: so you can put on these big money races.:D
for the record since im in the Military i couldnt buy the track.
what i am saying is if you get a decent crowd of karts up your pay cause it can be done, i know the track owners have to make there money but if u get a reputation of paying out a little your crowd will defenitly go up. AND I DIDNT SPECIFY ANY TRACKS:cool:

*whats bad is when the winner gets $40 for winning and 2nd place gets $39 but whos counting:eek:

track

To keep racers coming back, what about taking some of that entry and puting it back, for a end of year point fund for top racers? just a suggestion.

I dont see how a kart track can afford to pay a whole lot back. I mean there arent exactly "outside fans" paying to get in. I never owned a track, but if you step back and look at it. Its got to cost a bit of coin to keep that thing going, not counting the original investment to buy it (or build it).

The fact you get anything besides a trophy and bragging rights frankly surprises me unless its a non profit kind of deal. If it was a way to get rich, everybody would build a track.

JMO, I dont know....maybe the racers have a point, but im not seeing it.

How do you turn normally rational people into idiots? Take some money and race for it. I know....i've been one of them.

Be glad you got a place to race. Im not saying the track owner shouldnt respect and appreciate your business by having some sort of payout, but if youre worried about how much you can win....play poker or something.

I lose to much money in the poker room at Harrahs! the way it is thats why i cant wait for the season to start.:(

Since I have not raced in a year or so, my 2 cents is about all it is worth, but I have seen Frank and the boys put out all the extras that the track never had in the past, like the asphalt, equipment, rock, etc. i have donated straw and a vehicle in the past to help out as well. But tracks like these have costs incurred like utilities, up keep, help, and this is no GOVERNMENT outfit with unlimited funds like you might me used to. im sure franks accountant has advised him(assumption) to shut down the place if he knew what was good for his finances, but luckily Frank is a hard working man and has some good people behind him, and loves the sport.
Appreciate what you have in front of you because there are not many tracks left to race in the area.

No One Forces People To Go To These Tracks That People Are Running Their Mouth About.if Some One Is Looking For A Track To Run Greenville Is In Weeds Have At It.i Would Love To Go Run Greenville Again.

Excuse me but did i mention a track cause if i did tell me where?:eek:

Anyway now that ive dug myself a hole ive got a couple of ?s

*can a track make enough money to pay for itself?

* if a track is used to a 40 kart count and stayed in bussiness for 5 yrs, chances r its paying for itself or at least breaking even. Now the kart count went up to 70 the following 2yrs id say it would probably be OK to give the winners an extra ($50.00) for winning there class due to the fact there r now more pit passes sold, more gate fees sold and more concessions sold? just a racers perspective

*look on bobs 4 cycle karting everyother post is a money race and i doubt the tracks r paying out of there pocket, u get the crowd and u can pay
icon14.gif

i was simply referring to bedrock as an example, but it did fall into your "category" of tracks that did not pay back 100%. i guess the local tracks convince the scale companies to donate scales, because I doubt if the gate fees would come close to paying for that, or electricity. and im quite sure that the track owners are not retiring in hawaii from their hot dog sales.
Dirt, tractor use, time, surely must all be free to these track owners as well.

Back