Line up
Rookie B
Mediums
Rookie A
Lights
Juniors
Heavies
Outlaw
Pro stock (heat race follows second outlaw heat, feature follows outlaw feature)

Basic rules of the class
  • Entry limited to the first 12 karts….Frank made this one up so don’t shoot at me.
  • 360 minimum weight, all other stock class/track rules apply
  • $30 entry fee, no refunds after sign up. Rain is another story
  • Must run another stock class
  • 100% pay back of PRO stock entry
    • 50% of total entry to the winner
    • 60% of remaining half to second
    • Remaining 40% to third
    • Payout stays the same no matter the number of karts
Race Format
  • One heat based on blind pill draw.
    • Check in ladies will record PRO stock entries, Frank will draw the pills...drivers/crew will not be told the draw until sign ups are closed
    • Heat race follows the second outlaw heat
    • Same number of laps as stock heats
    • Feature lineup is based on heat race finish
    • Feature follows the outlaw feature
    • Same number of laps as stock features

If you intend to race the class please post your foramt choice.

I know the format won't suit everybody and to be clear I'd rahter run two heats and a feature but that's not going to happen.

So...I vote for format number #1. It's not perfect but at least it gives me a shot at winning some coin. :D

pro stocks

what happen to pill draw sets field and you run the feature? not sure why you want to run a heat race? you can dial in your kart in the regular heats and feature.

what happen to pill draw sets field and you run the feature? not sure why you want to run a heat race? you can dial in your kart in the regular heats and feature.

Larry, the last thread seemed like no one wanted to really run the class under that format. I talked to Frank yesterday and he seemed ok with the 2 races for the class.

I'm just trying to move the process forward.

what ever you want

ok i vote for #1, but my vote dosen't count. next question how many laps for the heat and how many for the feature?

Have you guys thought about trying to find a local sponsor for your class?

Maybe give them a sign out on the fence in return for giving you all, say 50.00 a week to add to the purse or something.

Just an idea.

I would say most people want the heat race to gauge themselves against the other people in the pro-stock class. A driver can win stock light and look fast turning a 12.2 if everyone else in stock light is turning a 12.4, but if a stock medium or heavy is turning 12.0, you might not look/feel so fast in the pro-stock feature even though you won light. Anyway, I would think this is why most people would want a heat race.

I vote for #1. I assume they will give a little time(within reason) between heavies and pros one class is not alot to clean tires and fuel up. Not crazy about limiting the class size some of us cant get there till 7, drive hour and half and find out you cant race kinda ****s. If youre going to start 12 just take the top 6 out of each heat (Im assuming your splitting the heats up) with no semis.

I vote for #1. I assume they will give a little time(within reason) between heavies and pros one class is not alot to clean tires and fuel up. Not crazy about limiting the class size some of us cant get there till 7, drive hour and half and find out you cant race kinda ****s. If youre going to start 12 just take the top 6 out of each heat (Im assuming your splitting the heats up) with no semis.

That's a good point. If you limit the class to 12, it may eliminate people who can't get there until 7:00. (It may be a good idea to take more karts.)
They are planning on giving a little time between the last outlaw heat and the outlaw feature for the heavies to get ready. It shouldn't be an issue.

I think Frank wants to hold it to the first 12 to see how much interest and time the class will take.

I'm pretty sure the limit would be removed if the class really takes off. As a work around...you could get someone to sign you up early.

y not

hell the jr's get around there just as fast if not faster and they need the chance to hell i bet tony or corey someone like that could win it easy.

hell the jr's get around there just as fast if not faster and they need the chance to hell i bet tony or corey someone like that could win it easy.

Because then you start an endless class. Without a doubt there are juniors that are as fast as the karts in the stock classes. There are also Rookie A's that are just as fast as some of the Juniors. That doesn't mean you should open up the classes for people who are fast. This class has to be structured to stock light, medium, and heavy rules.

I would need a tow truck to pick up Tonys kart to make weight. Its bad enough to pick it up when he runs lights. Plus its time for the old guy to get rid of some rust and get behind the wheel this friday.

Back