Bedrock pro-stock!

04tobin

04Tobin
I want to know how there is 10 karts in lights and 12 karts in medium and only 4 karts signed up for the pro stock class?
Everybody here was wanting this class and now we have it and noone is running! don't be scared:confused: its just racing and now you can pay for a tank of gas if you win!
comments wanted?:mad::mad:

Ben, they knew you were back in town, and that you were fast. They knew you would walk away with the big bucks, so they thrrew in the towel....lol

pro stocks

ben not sure what happen to the class.i think the $30.00 to run the class is scaring a lot of people off. we ran it with 2 heat's and the feature the week you where playing around in china town. i think it made the night to hectic. let's try it again with the pill draw setting the first heat, run the second heat inverted from the pill draw, go for it in the feature. lower the price make it a less hectic night and they will COME.:D

Whatever we have to do to make this class work, let's do it. This class is a great idea. I do think it made the night a little more hectic with 2 heats, but, it was the first night. You really can't expect adding 3 more races to run smoothly on the first night. 2 heats are fine with me, blind pill draw and 1 heat is fine with me, whatever works.

I'm just a little curious as to why so many people didn't sign up this week? :confused:

I'm not sure why the count was down this week, maybe the folks that ran the week before thought it was too hetic as well and decided not to do it. Maybe they were scared off by Ben's return to the Rock or maybe it was something all together different.

I say drop the entry to $20, same as a normal class and see what happens.

Drop the blind draw, let them darw their own pill but after the sign ups are over. Draw order by sign in order, you sign in first...you draw first.

Drop a heat $20 entry fee and what ever draw don't matter. I think the tech scared off some of the karts if you want my opinion.:confused: I guess some people don't want to run legal.

that sounds good

toby i think that will help. call frank and fill him in. we want to see this work out for all the racer's. any thing that help's bring more racer's to the track is a win win situation. with all the change's, tech,and a money race every night, we may attrack a lot of new face's. thanks larry:)

Can we agree to this........

BEDROCK PRO STOCK
RULES & RACE FORMAT

Line up for First heat Races
Rookie B
Lights
Rookie A
Mediums
Juniors
Heavies
Outlaw

Line up for Second heat Races
Rookie B
Lights
Rookie A
Mediums
Juniors
Heavies
Outlaw
Pro stock

Basic rules of the class
  • 6 Kart minimum to run the class
  • 360 minimum weight, all other stock class/track rules apply
  • $20 entry fee, no refunds after sign up unless minimum kart count isn't met. Rain is another story.
  • Must run another stock class
  • 100% pay back of PRO stock entry
    • 50% of total entry to the winner
    • 60% of remaining half to second
    • Remaining 40% to third
    • Payout stays the same no matter the number of karts
Race Format
  • One heat based on pill draw
    • Pill draw will be conducted from 7 to 7:15 pm
      • Pills will be drawn by sign in order, if the driver or crew are not present when their draw is called they go to the back of the line
      • If the driver/crew are not present the second time they are called they will be lined up in the rear of the heat
    • Heat race follows the second outlaw heat
    • Heat race will be the same number of laps as stock heats
  • Feature lineup is based on heat race finish and original pill draw, ties are settled by heat race finish
    • Feature follows the outlaw feature
    • Feature race will be the same number of laps as stock features

toby i think that will help. call frank and fill him in. we want to see this work out for all the racer's. any thing that help's bring more racer's to the track is a win win situation. with all the change's, tech,and a money race every night, we may attrack a lot of new face's. thanks larry:)

I'll talk to Frank today or tomorrow depending on the level of feedback from the changes.

toby

you want to line up the feature the same as the heat race finnish? you don't want to total up the point's from pill draw and heat race finish? to start the feature.:)

you want to line up the feature the same as the heat race finnish? you don't want to total up the point's from pill draw and heat race finish? to start the feature.:)

I was trying to make it easy for the scoring folks, but I think that makes more sense and would make for better races.

My post has been changed...feature line up by original pill draw and heat finish, ties broken by heat finish.

ok

i think it will be a lot better if we do the total points. if you have a problem in your heat at least you still have your pill draw points to help you start farther up toward the front in the feature.

Hey guys I know I don't work at the track anymore. But I 'm trying to help out Mitzi and Ronnie on the scoring. You don't get points for pill draw. So I'm not sure how you would total the points for the feature.

Are you saying points for the pill draw would be whoever has the lowest draw pill would get 1 point and so on.

Per the scorers they would prefer two heats since they don't have the heavy class most of the time.

Renee

Hey guys I know I don't work at the track anymore. But I 'm trying to help out Mitzi and Ronnie on the scoring. You don't get points for pill draw. So I'm not sure how you would total the points for the feature.

Are you saying points for the pill draw would be whoever has the lowest draw pill would get 1 point and so on.

Per the scorers they would prefer two heats since they don't have the heavy class most of the time.

Renee

What's up Renee,

Your pill draw is your finishing position for the first heat I believe. So if you draw pill #1, you finished 1st in the first heat. They will combine your pill draw finish, with your actual finish in the second heat, and that's how you line up for the feature. Hopefully that made sense. ha!

How's racing going for you guys this year? It's hard to get to Tri-City when Bedrock is on Friday's as well.

Justin

pro stocks

take your pill draw just like you finish of the first heat, run your second heat take your finish in the second heat total up the 2 and line up your feature. it would be one less race to score, and a lot less hectic on the drivers plus 8 less laps on your engine.:)

i think the first night we had delays and a lot of racer's running around like a chicken with there head cut off.

Hi Justin,

Things are just fine with us. Thanks for asking. We do miss the racing and people at Bedrock. It was always a good time. Hope everybody is doing well.

Just trying to help Mitzi out since she is working all the time now. She does not have the free time to keep up with everything. I will do anything to help her and make things easier for her.

Renee

justin

yes if you draw #1 you start your second heat from last. i think this will give more racer's a change to start up front. they may not stay there but at least they stand a better shot at the money. it may help bring more people in the class. as far as the scores it probley makes no difference 1 heat or 2. but as a racer i would not feel as rushed with just 1 heat. this is all for you guys, track sees nothing from this class it's a 100% pay back to you guys. the only thing i would like to see is more kart's in the regular classes because that is what pays the bills down there. and in turn we still have a place to go have fun on a friday nights. that's what life is all about. justin thanks for all yours and ashley's input, you going around to different tracks last year and seeing how they run there shows has to help bedrock. thanks larry westerfield:)

Back