Bedrock Summer Shootout Saturday July 24

HMR Kart Shop

missouri drifter
Bedrock Raceway and HMR kart shop like to announce on saturday July 24 that we will have money race, also will be make up race #2 rainout for HMRs Summer Clone Series.

For the first time at Bedrock we will run 50 lap A main for HMRs clone light class 335# weight rule (light class has consistently the largest class) HMRs clone series rules, Burris 33s or 44s right sides will be stamped and run all night, HMRs clone normal race schedule 2 heats and 50 lap A main. semi if needed, will run transponders that night and will start 20 in feature yes boys and girls 20 karts will start the 50 lapper, no stops 50 laps straight thru, top 3 payout is guaranteed no min kart count $300,150,100 Would like to thank Frank for putting up the 1st and 2nd place money and Rob with R&S Racing putting up the 3rd place money. With 20 karts top 10 will be paid $300,150,100,80,70,60,50,40,30,25.

Clone med and heavy normal payout, Jr clone normal payout as of now.

Light flathead with 14 karts will pay $200 to win, Med flathead as of now will be $100 with 10 karts

Outlaws as of now $100 but i am working on getting that to 200 or 300 to win.

More info will be coming out later tonight and tomorrow

Gates open at 4pm hot laps at 6 racing at 6:30. Bedrock will be racing on Friday night as well with their regular weekly show and classes. Frank has said the racers are welcome to stay over night at track and leave trailers overnight as well. I am working on a few more things and sponsorship so keep posted, it should be a fantastic night of racing.

Clone guys need some feedback from ya thinking of going to a nascar style restart with double file restarts what do you think.

Also if we have more than 2 heats per session (12 karts or more) the top 2 point drivers from each heat will draw for their starting position

I don't race a clone, so my opinion really doesn't matter, but I am NOT a fan of the double file restarts. Those even # positions typically get the bad end of it...

I don't race a clone, so my opinion really doesn't matter, but I am NOT a fan of the double file restarts. Those even # positions typically get the bad end of it...

Yea but on the other hand I.have seen a clone race where the kart in the front checks out and the kart that is dead last
has to work even harder and ends up lapped.

I think the double file restarts are a good idea because its like starting the race all over where more karts stand a chance of moving up a few spots more karts lose spots do to driver error. So the double file would give the less experienced drivers a better chance

Double file restarts are for the fans. There aren't many fans at the Kart races. More crashes and most clones can't run up top.

I agree with finne, just asking for trouble with double file. This isn't Nascar, could lead to more problems than you want to deal with.

Thats why i wanted to see what people thought, I always loved double file restarts gives a guy a chance that had problems in heat or taken out to get back to the front. But it is your guys and gals series so we will scrap that idea for now

Why would you scrap an idea when the score is 3 yes and 3 no.. The guys who say no, don't want it cause they are afraid they will lose being the field is a little more even with dble file restarts.. It's great idea and will make for better racing.... Now the score is 4 yeas and 3 no....

Why punish someone running 2nd by making them start on the outside??? They will just go back to 4th or 5th before they get down....this isn't stock cars where you can run high and low....its go karts and everyone runs the bottom... JMO

Its a 50 lap race if you made it to second one time you should be able to again.

Come on guys if we started the race double file Than we can restart it double file MORE VOTES MORE VOTES

Why punish the front guys? They worked hard to get where they are, one mistake or one dirty driver is all it takes, and then your done. Also its a disadvantage to star on the outside, usally you will get freighttrained and end up in the back. And talking about being a 50 lap race, that you can work your way back to the front, you can do the same thing with a single file restart.

It's also hard to work your way back to the front if the yellow comes out with 2 laps to go...it doesn't matter how many laps the race is.

Well I see both ways and but right now for the guys that run the series the vote is 3 no 1 yes so for the next race we wont do it but i will do it sometime in the future.

You shouldn't have to draw for starting positions. That was done at the start of the night. If the top 2 have the same number of points for the start of the feature, you go by lowest pill draw. This also goes for the rest of the field.

The top 2 will draw for position we did it last year and it worked great gives the racer in the 2nd heat a chance to start on the pole.

If you have more than 12, and split the class into A and B, and A gets a 1st and a 4th but is the top points man of his group, while the B gets 2 wins, you are penalizing the guy with the 2 wins by making him draw to get the pole. The kart with the best score should be on the pole.

Back