Bellclair go kart race aug 7

deeswife

MAYBE SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY RULES ARE SET UP AND NO ONE FOLLOWS THEM? WHY HAVE A TECH THERE IF THEY DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES THAT ARE SET UP? IF ALL KARTS TIRES WERE TO BE STAMPED THEN WHY WHERE THE FIRST AND SECOND PLACE IN JUNIOR ONES WERE NOT STAMPED. BUT THEY WERE NOT DQ? BUT IF THAT WAS THE RULES WHY DID THE TECH ALLOW IT AND WHY WERE THEY STILL LEGAL????:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I THINK THAT THE NO YELLOW FLAG RULE WOULD HAVE BEEN OK IF THE KART WAS ON THE INSIDE WALL AND OUT OF DANGER BUT NOT WHEN THEY HIT THE OUTSIDE WALL AND NO ONE WAYS THE YELLOW AND OTHER KARTS ARE FLYING BY AND YOU ARE PUTTING THE FIRST KART IN DANGER AND THE OTHER ONES. AND I WAS ALWAYS TOLD THAT A "LAPPED KART" IS ONE THAT HAS BEEN PASSED BY THE LEADER NOT ONE THAT IS 3 KARTS AHEAD OF THE LEADER. NOT SURE HOW A KART THAT IS 3 KARTS AHEAD OF THE LEADER CAN BE BLAMMED FOR THE SPIN OUT OF TWO KARTS BEHIND THEM.

I understand if this is the first time a big karting event has been put on at Belle Clair but to me it was a joke for the most part. People in the outer pits couldnt hear a dang thing most of the time. A paper was put up with the order of events only to be changed at the drivers meetings, then again after a computer issue, then again after another drivers meeting. Then people are not getting teched and they are legal and then to top it off i scalled a car twice on your scales and both times had different weight results and we didnt change a thing. Can someone explain to me how a car loses 7 pounds in an hour? Maybe the heat sweated it off? I know some people in the stands were getting frustrated with how things were being run also. I think we all had big hopes of having a great time but if your going to put on a show then put on a show, not a circus!!!

Also, might want to invest in some hay bales before some one or even a kid gets seriously hurt!!! I seen a kid going flying into the wall and hit his head on it and scared the juju out of me and others.

Deeswife
You got out ran , live with it . Learn how to spell or get one of the kids to post for you
If you don't like the way you were treated don't come back. But don't run down John and his crew .
They had a very hard job and did fine with it.

there was nothing "fine" about anything that happened that day. who cares about spelling,this isnt grammer class!she got her point across and shes allowed to do so.

First of all thank you to saleracing35 and craigmonk67 for backing me up!!! And to you slingblade i was not putting john
or his crew down all i was saying is if there are rules set up for everyone to follow then everyone should follow them
i was not looking for my kids to win it is only their second year running!!! But in my opinion( and a few other parents
i'm sure) the no yellow flag rules was putting alot of people in danger. Someone could have been seriously hurt after
spinning out and no one puts out a yellow but the corner man and the flag man leaves out the green. I thought that
the corner men and the flag man were all suppose to have head sets so that they can all know what is going on.....in my
opinion when children are involved safety should be the number one concern.......

Ok 1st I have no dog in this fight nor did I go to the race. Wished I did though. These are simple qustions that are being asked. I have been in karting for 6 years and have necer heard of a no yellow flag durning a race. Can someone please fill me in on how you would not throw a yellow if someone hits any wall and stops on the track? What is keeping another driver coming around the corner from hitting him or her? Did the karts in front of the spin realy get sent to the back without being involved? On the scale issue since you scaled twice and found two differnt reading did you stop to think of seeing if the scales were set back to zero and try a 3rd time? Hope you didnot get dq for waight without finding out before you left the scales. Nows to late to question it?

Ok everyone told me to stay off here and i probably should but im going to defend my workers. First off Mrs Dees if you had a problem then you should have come to me, I was made aware of the tire situation and the tech people went to the pit and marked the tires (there was a miscommunication between them and I) they asked me on the radio if it was open tires and i said yes meaning it was open to any tire, he took it as not marking them, honest mistake. So if you have a problem with a mistake i made then im sorry, and you dont have to worry about it again because i will never do another race again. The yellow was thrown if a kart was in the racing groove or in harms way, if my memory serves me right we never had a wreck because of a kart sitting in the track because of no yellow was thrown. All i got to say is i have a whole new respect for track owners and promoters who try to help the racer (I can see why so many kart tracks are closing) If everyone thinks so easy why dont you try it sometime see what its all about, I did learn one good thing saturday night you know who your true friends are and those who appreciate what you are trying to do even if things dont go right and end up in a disaster but they stand behind you anyway, and i thank everyone of you for that it means alot to myself and my family. I poured my heart and soul into that race and the last thing i wanted was for it to end up like it did.

John Hobson

You did the best you could John. The transponders not working wasn't your fault, but you solved that problem the best way you could. For those of you that think I'm defending John because we are best of friends just be quiet. John and I have had major differences in the past and neither of us are barbQing together anytime soon, so I'll just rule that argument out right now. Good job John, you gave it a heck of a try.

John,I will not bash you for what you tried to get done. the thought was there. I was and still am mad at the whole situation,the whole day,ect. the tech guys were the ones who said something about the tires not being marked.when you were called on the radio you said there was nothing you could do.Its all over and im gonna put this and my 200 bucks behind me. thanks for trying.

I don't have a dog in this fight either, but when we ran at tulsa and tunica, I can remember them not throwing yellows. I understand both sides, but come on, its suppose to be a fun event. Thats whats wrong with all sporting events, way to serious.
Like my spoiler says "WHY SO SERIOUS"

my two cents.... First off if you are going to have a rule like no yellow for a spin if they are out of harms way its fine BUT you need to be consistant and you also take the chance of the leaders or others on the field getting screwed but due to your own rule the person who spun should not suffer the consiqunces, ya know like scoring someone in the back just because the two leaders spun. Second, the whole team needs to be on que with whats going on... at one point someone spun and the corner man threw the yellow which slowed some down but the yellow light never came on and they continued the race, that could have cost someone the win. Third, dont make a big deal out of having your tires marked and kart teched if nothing is going to be done to the rule breakers, you waisted my time and yours not to mention you could have paid out more positions if you didnt have to pay people to tech for no reason. I feel that any of these adjustments may not have helped my son but I was happy he had the experience of racing a diffrent track at the same time the truth of "its all in who you know and who you b***". I seen and understand the hard work that was put into this race and I thank you all for the effort but I for one am very happy there will not be another race, I hate to be so harsh but id rather stick to the tracks that have their stuff together and make sure the people who do help the show out by showing up and dumping $200 get get something to show for it.
35 wife and mother,
jody

ya know people john gave us a good series and ya complain try it sometime to run a big race.i bet john went threw 10 gallons of gas on his fourwheeler running back and fourth to make everyone happy this is why tracks a re closing up because unless its run perfect people *****. i had a good time

john ya did fine
thanks for a good series

pork
projectkk

John H. This is Kent, Again I have no dog in this fight and I now know you are the one that put that race together by your post. Let me tell you in all due respect Don't give up on something you tryed. Being your 1st race no one went to the hospital and everyone got paid. Im assuming. I know what you are talking about in your efforts of promoting or running a event. I have work in some way or the other with our Kid Kart Nationals for the past 6 years and every year there is something that needs fixing. There will never be a perfict event that EVERYONE go's home happy. Don't take the comments you see on here to heart. Do it again and the same people will be back. Every time you do it it will get better. If these people want to rail road you come on over and join us we could use a man with an open mind and some smarts of how the karting world is in REAL LIFE. Best wishes and if you do it again next year look me up I will help you out.

I cant keep my mouth shut any longer.....for you inconsiderate people who like to b!tch, there is a pay by the lap go cart stand and batting cage in belleville. Sell your race karts and go enjoy a laid back afternoon!!! Leave the racing to us folks that like to RACE!!!! So what you had a rough day, if you have been around long enough you would know....sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug.....DEAL WITH IT AND GO ON!!!! We ALL have a rough day at one time or the other.

The Hobson Family has done MANY MANY great things for our sport. Besides giving their heart, soul, sweat and dollars they are an inspiration to any family wanting to join this sport. You will not meet a nicer family ANYWHERE!!!

Thank You Hobson Family!!! I know alot of people that had a reallly great time!!
John you gave us an awsome racetrack to race on and i appreciate it.
Cant wait to race with you and Tony, See you at the track.

Josh H

For the scale thing, I didn't know it was my job to make sure the Tech people are doing theirs correctly. I agree that anybody putting on any type of show has some track smarts and passion for what they do. If i came off as inconsiderate or a complainer then that must be why I love Tony Stewart!!! But it's like he says, if you cant handle the crap dished out then go play with your buddies in your back yard!!! As far as a pay by lap and batting cages go, im pretty sure they will always provide more fun than wasting my time on here typing crap to you folks that like to RACE as you say it. Sounds like you like to run your mouth more than race. Im pretty sure if you read the posts, US INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE, are pointing out simple things that a 5th grader can see from the grandstands.

saleracing35 whats your problem? go to other tracks besides around here then maybe you'll see how nice we have it here

i cant keep my mouth shut any longer.....for you inconsiderate people who like to b!tch, there is a pay by the lap go cart stand and batting cage in belleville. Sell your race karts and go enjoy a laid back afternoon!!! Leave the racing to us folks that like to race!!!! So what you had a rough day, if you have been around long enough you would know....sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug.....deal with it and go on!!!! We all have a rough day at one time or the other.

The hobson family has done many many great things for our sport. Besides giving their heart, soul, sweat and dollars they are an inspiration to any family wanting to join this sport. You will not meet a nicer family anywhere!!!

Thank you hobson family!!! I know alot of people that had a reallly great time!!
John you gave us an awsome racetrack to race on and i appreciate it.
Cant wait to race with you and tony, see you at the track.

Josh h

x2, well said josh!
We definitly appreciated all that john has done for local karting. It's ashame that there are not more promotors that are as passionate as john is and, it is as equally shameful to not show some type of gratitude towards his efforts! Sorry john about how things turned out! Keep your head up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-ron.

-even a bad at the races is better than a good day of setting around running off at the mouth!

were you there?did you waste your time going?did you family come and bake in the stands to dead silence?were you treated like crap when you asked about tech?did you pay for transponders that you didnt use only to be given the runaround about getting your money back?THIS IS MY PROBLEM! im sorry you are in love with hobson but i had a bad time at his show and im expressing my opinion.I dont care if you or him dont like it.I run bedrock every week and dont feel i waste my time or money there.hobson was talking about how he had all these cars preregistered and that we were gonna need 30 transponders.that was a joke too.we had no more than 5 in both of our classes.Bottom line is he tried and he failed in my eyes so why am i not allowed to express the way i feel?

the problem is with the way in which you are complaining....if you have a problem call and be a man and tell john about it and I am sure he would be willing to talk to you about your concerns. Do I think the show was perfect....NO! Do I think it was all John's fault?? NO ......do you think he planned for the transponders to go out??? NO.....they did the best with what they had.....would I have handled the pill draw thing differerntly...maybe, but hindsight is always 20/20.....I wish John, Brad, and Tony all the success in the world in their racing....you were doing a good job promoting and you promoted this show well, but the numbers just didn't happen. For your first race promoting you did the best with what life presented you that day! As DA said a bad day at the races is always better than a day spent at home! You busted your *** for everyone and I do appreciate that as I know others do! Again, good luck John, Brad, and Tony....see you at the races!

Back