Belle Clair Rained Out

The Talker Guy

The Talker Guy
Belle Clair will race Sunday.

Gates Open - 5:00 PM
Hot Laps - 6:00 PM
Racing - 6:30 PM

See you Sunday. TTG/MM

Times need to be earlier, but this weekend is the Flea Market. That may be why they can't open an hour earlier.
Hopefully, everyone will driver careful and the track works out and we can get out of there earlier than the last time we had to run on Sunday. At least, the weather is suppose to be warmer than today.

Jack, Stan is aware of the need to address the start times and will discuss that with the drivers at the driver's meeting on Sunday.

No guarantees. He just said he knows there's a concern and will talk to the drivers.

TTG/MM

why do they need to change the times?? Heck when St Charles raced on sunday night they would start just like all the tracks started on friday and saturdays and they always had a big turn out. I say run it like is as a friday night if you cant handle the times then dont go JMO

well if you are wanting them to start at regular time maybe you would like to pay the extra $60 admission that they will loose when my friends and me cant make it!!!!

times

for 1 if they started earlier i know i would race but sine they dont i cant race gotta work at3 am and with the times the way they are it wont work for me

just makes no since how people use to do it all the time and people had to work and kids go to school and everyone did it and did not complain,, that is all I am getting at, how come 10 + years ago it was that way now everyone complains.

and that is when they raced all three nights on the weekend

We complain because we can, it's that's simple. And the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

The times need to be earlier on a Sunday night. After a weekend, Monday morning always seems to come a little earlier for most folks. Kids need to be in bed earlier on a school night, and Sunday night is a school night! Last time Belleville raced on a Sunday night, we were still there at 11:45 p.m. Way too late!

Start it about 3:00 p.m. Besides, it takes away everybody's Sunday afternoon anyway--the officials, the racers, the vendors, the fans, and the Junior Fan Club ladies.

like i said before it was fine for people before to race 3 nights a weekend and they all started at 7 and heck some people had a 2 plus hour drive from st charles. sounds to me that you should only race on friday and saturdays and not have sunday races just have make up days at the end of the year if you cant handle it being so late on sundays then that way everyone would be happy..
like i said before it is JMO and i have been going to races since I was 2.

Ten years ago was different than it is today. There has not been any regular Sunday night racing around here in a while and the pace of the family life has changed and so have a lot of things. Starting times of some jobs have got earlier as someone mentioned.
Life was less hectic back then and it would be nice to have things more laid back like it was, but that is not today.
If you want a lot of cars in the pits and people in the stands then the start of the program must be reasonable to get over at a reasonable time. The last Sunday event was the first for a regular program in sometime and it got over later that most would have liked. It would be nice to have the last checkered flag fall at 9:00 to 9:30, but 11:00 or so was late.
The idea of having racing on Sunday is not bad, but the program must run over a shorter period to get people to enjoy it and to get them home in reasonable time.

I agree that it was tough getting up and going to work Monday morning but another way to look at it is - it's not every Sunday night. Just once in a while so it's not all that bad. Stan will probably move the times up. Just be happy to go racing!

and the late nights at the bowl are probably the main reason people that moved in around the track were complaining. i'm sure there are some around belleville that dont care for the noise on friday nights, and i'm sure they are getting thier painties all bunched up over late sunday nights.

STARTING EARLIER WOULD HELP. I WORK A LOT OF SATURDAYS(AFTER FRIDAY NIGHT RACING) SO I GUESS I'M KINDA USED TO IT. BUT, GOING IN AND MAKING TIME AND A HALF ON SATURDAYS AFTER GETTING TO BED LATE IS EASIER THAN DOING IT ON MONDAY :( FOR STRAIGHT TIME.

WE'RE WORKING 10 HOURS A DAY MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AND 9 HOURS 2 OUTTA EVERY 3 SATURDAYS. MAKING FULL SIZE TRUCKS THAT GET 14 MILES PER GALLON(THE HEMI'S THAT IS), AND GAS IS $1.98 A GALLON FOR REGULAR UNLEADED IN ARNOLD MO TODAY. :confused: THE MONEY IS NICE THOUGH! :)

My Shop Closes At 400 P.m. So I Would Like It To Stay The Same . I Have To Work Every Saturday Morning At 730 Am So Either Way I Am Tired The Next Day.the Car Count If You Remember Was Not Hurt At All By The Time . The Only Thing Different Was That Not Everyone Knows Yet About The Sunday Racing So The Stands Were Kind Of Empty. I Guess What Im Trying To Say Is That No Matter What They Do Somone Is Still Going To Complian.you Cant Make Everyone Happy .lets Just All Thank Stan Or Whoever Is Responsible For Letting Us Race On Sundays At All!!!
J.m.o.,

Chris

the shows at belleville run way too late. the 1 (and only) time i went to belleville on fridays,they were still trying to get lap #1 completed in the street stock(bomber) semi.after about 5 attempts,it got to be 10:30,and i just could not take it anymore. they still had intermission to go,jr. fan club,and the nickel race to do yet. it was way past ridiculous. when we run the midgets/600's on sundays,we are DONE by 10:15. that's a fact. i'm gonna get hammered on this one,i know,because all the stock car supporters are gonna scream.. they got 4 divisions to run!!! you would think that guys that run the same track week in/out would do a better job running the show. if they dont speed up the show,the sunday thing is gonna die a horrible death. the nearby residents will not stand for it,nor will the fans. they all have to go to work,school,etc. the next day.

real racecars have fenders lol,let's see midget racer here some easy math 60 cars with midgets and multis, 100 plus for the stock car guys enuff said

hound,you never cease to amaze me. once again,you missed the point totally. this isn't an open wheel vs. fendered car post. re-read the post. oh... i forgot. you can't spell,so you can't read. no wonder you are a parts guy. go back to auto zone,moron.

no it would going back to napa not the zone i workforthe out fitt that actually sponsors the racersnow let's all bow down to the almighy midgets ,still inthe stone ages of payoff and read reall carefully midget racer firday shoe start at 730 not6 pm sothat would pushthe sonday shows for midgets to what 1145 imagine that for 2 classes,and why doethe midgets have the one spin rule ,and oh by the without parts guys some mechancis would be in a heap of trouble,can't work at napa my head is too small for thos silly hats lmao

Give up Art, the hound is single-minded, dense as the rocks in your backyard, and couldn't respond intelligently about the price of milk, much less racing. The more you snap back at him the more UNBELIEVABLE, UNREADABLE, RIDICULOUS bullcrap comes out of his mouth. Best to just ignore this dog....he's all bark anyway! :rolleyes:

You can't start racing too early in the night or you will sandblast the crowd. There is no way around it. If you race too early during the day the track won't hold up. It won't even be close. St. Louis tracks are way too comfortable dusting their crowds as it is. Sunday racing isn't for everyone and it hasn't ever been. It is for the real diehards. The ones that are willing to do anything to get another night in. That doesn't say that the racers will enjoy getting walked on or that they'd put up with it, but it does say that they are willing to have a rough Monday morning to get the extra night in. The same thing goes with the fans. In St. Louis the fans are a bit spoiled as far as driving distances to the racetracks. I mean when you get out of Belleville on a Sunday you are right in town. Godfrey, Pevely, and St. Charles were always really close to home. In Kansas City we went years (from 88 to 2000) with the closest dirt track being over an hour away. The closest Saturday night track was 50 minutes from Downtown. LA Raceway has been trying to do the same thing as Belleville by running rained out Friday shows on Sunday. They are 30 minutes from the next town let alone the major draw city. I think its great to have some place running on Sundays on rainy weekends. I mean I get blasted on here for criticisng promoters, but then when one finaly does something right everyone blasts him.

Back