Belle-Clair Speedway not racing weekly next year in 2015? Saw this on the tracks Facebook page.

nathans1012

Belle-Clair Speedway not racing weekly next year?
Saw his on the tracks Facebook page. Well that sucks don't like seeing tracks go by the way side. :(

I think Sunday's would work great. No track real close and I believe you would get cars. If you got people out of there by 9 you would also get fans

Sunday would work only if ump would go back to their old points format but that wont happen either they used to make up rainouts on sunday at belle clair and nobody eould show up.

i agree on sunday shows miss the charlie bowl run 4 classes alternate with midget specials and 4 cly/b mods /vintage/600's
no points just specials lil joe

Sundays would be awesome! I really don't want to drive to Quincy anytime I want to race on Sundays. TCS made it work and they always had great car counts.

Guys you are wasting your time with this, if the man doesn't have the money to run this truck on Friday, then he doesn't have the money to run it on Sunday besides it will take someone with deepppppppppppppppp pockets to do it, and right now who would that be?

I don't see Sundays being a money spinner for a promoter. The fans have already spent their money going somewhere else Friday and/or Saturday nights, the racers have done the same, etc.

Sure, you'll get the small number of hard core fans and racers, but you won't get the majority. Most people, come Sunday, are watching baseball, barbecuing, hanging out with family, or working on the car. You will get the people who would race 7 days a week if they could, but that's the minority. Not enough to cover the cost of opening up the track.

I agree with t.nie....

Here's another consideration....when do you "fix" or work on your car if you are racing on Sunday night? A lot of racers work on their cars on Sunday, getting them ready for Friday or Saturday night. During the week, there is not a lot of time to work on the car if you are working everyday. We raced 3 nights a week several years ago. It was horrendous on the family! Jimmy won 2 track championships that year, but it was TOUGH!!!! Monday morning was not good. Everybody was tired.

And, the year that Belleville did run on Sunday, the attendance count in the stands was not high. So how do you make your payout if no one buys a ticket to watch?

Back