Belle-Clair Update

I heard from a un reliable source than Don was working on a deal for MMP. The fair board told him to stick it, they wasn't coming off anymore money to him! They have someone in line thats getting allied outta there and gonna run it more cost efficient to the county!

I can see them leaving and they should. Been saying this for awhile. Belle clair and i-55 pay allied to come and (RUN) the program. It is a added cost for the track. Does granite and highland pay someone else. NO. They run their own shows. Now sure they must pay those people but is as much these two tracks pay allied? All belle clair and pevely need is the use of allieds scales. Does the cost of paying allied off set just renting scales?

All tracks have to hire the people to do what the Allied group does regardless... They still have to pay for officials, tech people, scorers and so on.

Highland is more similar than you think.. They pay Scott to be a track manager but the fairboard still promotes and makes the decisions.

Aside from the rumors and opinions, can Don, Jimmy, or anybody with some knowledge of the situation, comment on the status of 2014?

I remember Don saying at a drivers meeting that Oct 1st they were meeting to discuss the future.
I hope No news is good news.

Heard once again from someone close to MMP that Don is close at signing a deal for 2014 to run MMP! It would be great to see him get it imo

I am sure once Don and crew know anything for sure with belleville it will be announced. Dirtboy i will tell ya though that your source about MMP isnt a very good one....LOL

20Rocks I can remember back in the 90's Allied was ran out of Belleville and the next promoter who came in really sucked.

Back