Belle-clair

I-55 fan

This appeared in the March 14th Belleville papers editorial section:" It's good to
see MAYOR ECKERT and the aldermen doing such a fine job of cleaning up
Belleville and promoting the city, but there is one yet to be done and that is
to eliminate the noise pollution that comes from Belle-Clair Speedway on Friday nights during the summer. How many cities do you know have a racetrack in the middle of town? We are preparing a petittion against this.
be sure to call your alderman and voice your opposition to all the noise".
Who would build a subdivision around a race track at the edge of town
and then complain? Sounds a little like St. Charles.

really why did they build a town around a race track.. lets build a town around a waste dump they complain about the smell...lol how bout belleville city moving the race track to a new location and paying for all of it... that would never happen.lol

We have a curfew at Belleville of 11:00. We are not able to start any race after that time. If i remember hearing correctly the track is pretty much grandfathered in and there is not too much to do about it. All the people complaining are the snobs that think that there the best thing on earth. Them people need to get over it and find something else to complain about. I mean it is only one night a week for 6 months so get over it. If i were them i would be complaining about the smell coming from the sewage plant when it is 100 degrees outside in the summer time. I feel like them getting a petition going will just be a waste of there time. J/M/O.

Tom

They are complaining about the treatment plant also. Belleville is looking at moving it. Do not rely on an old promise from a politician. This story was in
a sound-off article where you can call in your opinion but do not have to leave your name. If you were starting a petition would you not want people to know who to contact if they wanted to sign? Could this be a developer or
a polition floating a suggestion?

If the track was there first, then it's grandfathered in, and if it comes down to court, Belle-Clair speedway will win every time.

moonflow said:
If the track was there first, then it's grandfathered in, and if it comes down to court, Belle-Clair speedway will win every time.

There's no such thing as a "sure thing". But we could certainly leverage things in the racing communitiy's favor. Take a minute to read Racers and Politics

Well instead of complaining about it why don't we start a petition asking the city government to allow racing on friday nights to continue in perpetuity (sp) in the City of Belleville. That way we have it in writing that the city of Belleville supports the race track and the local racers.

Al

I will be more than happy to sign it.

I'll guarantee the racetrack was in Belleville long before the snobs moved in.And it'll be there long after the snobs move out.I'll be more than happy to sign any petition supporting the track and it's racers.
Kyle Kimbro

kyle kimbro said:
I'll guarantee the racetrack was in Belleville long before the snobs moved in.And it'll be there long after the snobs move out.
Kyle Kimbro

See St. Charles Speedway. Nothing is for sure, especially if there is big money involved

Back