Belleville pure stock tech

railrocket007

Is it true that they check cam lift at the retainer.How can you do this with a hidraulic cam?.When you just bump an engine over, the lifter doesnt pump up enough to measure lift.If this is the case . then you should check off the pushrod.Thats the only TRUE way to check the cam lobe lift.My buddy has a 470 lift cam in his car, but when he checks off the retainer , it reads 420.Does that mean he can run at belleville?.Also, did you guys check any of the highland cars that were always up front?You should check cams the right way like highland used to off the lifter or pushrod.

i raced at belleville last year and they checked mine at the retainer, told me i was running a 370 lift cam. i was running a 440 lift melling cam back off 15 thousands to make the lift rule, so he was off by quite a bit, im not saying he doesnt know what hes doin or anything but the piece he was using wasnt right

tech

I believe that racer 53. There is no way you can check lift at the retainer with a hydraulic cam.Are they gonna tech that way again this year.Surely they have to know that that isnt accurate.Im not talking a few thousandths, im talking 50 to 60 thousandths easily.Who is the tech man over there?Maybe he can reply.I can understand with a solid , but now way a hydraulic.

are you guys running 420lift cams? i seen and heard quite a few cars come through there that sounded like sportsman cars and watched them pass. im speaking from experience it doesnt come out right. i believe its more of a deterrent than anything.

checking

The only thing i know is that there is NO way you can check a hydraulic cam off the retainer accuratly with the valve spring on the engine.The only way to check it is off of the lifter or pushrod.They should change the rule and check ALL cars off the lifter, and forget the reatiner.If you guys keep this rule, you can run a 460 to 470 lift cam and still get it to pass the lift rule with certain hydraulic lifters.Just wonder why they make it so diffucult checking things when they could just pop off a rocker put the dial indicator on the pushrod , and read lobe lift.Then there is no guessing if the lifter collapses (and it will) when you bump the engine over checking off the retainer..

Back