Benefit for Fellow Racer - Donations Needed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~CALLING ALL DRIVERS~~~~~~~~~~~

There is an upcoming Benefit for former Modified driver Greg "Goober" McCray on Saturday February 4th. Greg drove for many years at Highland Speedway in the #99. There will be food, beer, auctions, and entertainment by The Chapman Bros. Donations are needed for the auction. The benefit team are asking that any current and/or past drivers donate their old DOOR PANELS from their cars (possibly autographed) to be auctioned off with all the proceeds to help towards Gregs medical expenses in his fight with liver cancer! Please help a great cause. If you wish to help out with donations please contact me at 1-618-335-6345. Thanks in advance. Attached is a flyer for the event!

Attachments

• 381197_304600362916049_100000982641976_884718_136779205_n.jpg
    381197_304600362916049_100000982641976_884718_136779205_n.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 136
Give Em' Hell,Greg

Just saw Greg two weeks ago.He seemed optimistic,even though he had more bad spots show up.......:(

I have 3 door panels on there way so far......this is a great way for the racing community to come together and help a fellow racer. Thanks again in advance and keep the donations coming. Everything helps for the auction ex. t-shirts, door panels, gift certificates, monetary donations, photos, sports memorabilia, etc......u name it we will put it up for auction!

I already have commitments in for door panels from Donnie Rine, Dean Hoffman, and the 2011 Dirtcar UMP Late Model Champion Ryan Unzicker.. I want to personally thank these guys for showing their support. If you would like to add your name to the list of these drivers to support a great cause give me a call at 618-335-6345. Thanks!

Jereme

Also a big thanks to Rob Shaw and Mark Faust for their donations as well.....lots more drivers have committed their donations just waiting to receive them. Thanks again guys!

Mike aka Talker Guy I would be glad to call you tonight. Thanks. You can also give me a call. 618-410-7494. thanks.

I wanna add an awesome donation from Chad "The Highland Bulldog" Zobrist for the donation of a door panel, autographed diecast replica of his car and a calender with pictures of his late model.....Thanks Chad!

I will donate a die cast of my car and a side panel from Steven's car.
I will get them to Scott or Cathy
Also don't forget to buy a ticket for the gun raffle from Lumpy Lougherty.

Bruce Unterbrink

UPDATE: 01-31-12

I would like to add to the special thanks:

1. Brian and Peggy Bielong for a door panel.
2. Julie and Steve Lach for a door panel, t-shirts, and gift baskets.
3. BJ and Melissa Deal, Kris and Tyler Blankenship and Nighthawk Race Cars for a Harley Davidson Table Top Juke Box.

Gonna be a great night for all the "racing folks" to get together. Hope to see everyone there! Come out and show your support for Greg!

Standerfer Racing will donate a couple shirts to be auctioned off. Due to a family thing Friday and Saturday we will not be able to attend so it has been arranged for them to be brought to the benefit. Good luck and hope a successful turn out

AND...................I'm bringing one large T, one XL T, and one L hoody for the auction, all donated by The French Fry Guy........Rodney Standerfer.

TTG/MM

Back