Benton Raceway Park!

DMOSER37

moser37
Just saw on Facebook that Benton is shutting down for the year, is there any truth to this.

Easy access off of I-55, really nice facility...but for years, this year and when it used to be open this places was prolific about running late. That last sprint car show started the feature at 1a, there is no way you are going to keep fans that way. Hate to see this, really do

the track has had some good promoters, and some really race savvy managers. times and economy have changed. and the place has such a bad reputation it will never recover,

I went the first night last season for the 1st time and I thought it had great potential to be a great place, track prep was bad and it was super muddy but the faculty seemed nice, hate to see any track close up!

we won crates first night and I thought it hap potential and when we changed everything over to crap , mud, ruts they didn't water it at all just rolled it in ,,,super slick next night I brought 300 LBS of crap home on car

the track has had some good promoters, and some really race savvy managers. times and economy have changed. and the place has such a bad reputation it will never recover,
If this place opens back up it better be in new owners or promoters. I called July 1st to see if they were racing they said yes. The 4th was blue skies no rain chance pulled 120 miles one way to find gate chained and locked.Called person I talked to on July 1st. Sorry we cancelled is what I was told. Eighty dollars in diesel fuel and four hours running up interstate for no racing. Great facility but they are going to need David Copperfield to pull some magic to keep this place on the map.

Back