Benton Xtreme

bnkr

What you are reading about the Stacker2 Xtreme DirtCar event at Benton MO last night is true. Gerstner and Seger Racing (Billy Faust) went to Benton last night. After buying several hundred dollars worth of Goodyear Eagles and abusing their car all evening on a rough race track, they thought they had earned $950 for a 12th place finish against a talented 36-car field. Two hours after the race was over, they were headed home with NO MONEY. Neither Benton nor Xtreme paid the late model drivers (except for possibly the one report that O'Neal received a check for $2,500 -- even though the race was to pay $10K to win)!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I completely agree. We brought a late model last night the the Xtreme race. I also heard that O'Neil got a $2500 check. I would have waited until I got all $10,000. We didn't even make the feature so we only got $100 but we stayed because we wanted our money. 36 drivers gave up points, time, and money just to support the track and what do they do? They don't pay us. I think it's just stupid. We had to buy 5 goodyear tires, pit passes, entry fee, gas, and other things. We drove for 2 hours just to be there. We could have gone to Paducah, done much better, and actually gotten some money. It's really just sad. If you can't pay the drivers, don't run the shows. I've also heard that Xtreme's lawyer is getting contacted and they will go to a judge to get their money back and have the junction shut the track down. But you didn't here that from me. After last night, we are never going back again. It was a good show but if we can't get paid, we aren't going there. Case closed. No questions asked.

i know for a fact that no one got paid last night it may show that but it is completly untrue Oneal and the local guys were the only people who got paid and oneal didn't even get his full amount

I think that the rest of the story should be told. I know that the Xtreme group promised the track when they signed the contract that they would bring in at least 50 cars and 2500 people to the stands. There was 36 cars and less than 300 people in the stands. you cant make a purse like that with that little of a turn out. The promoter was stating that Xtreme is the one who set the pay out so I think they should pay the drivers. And over hearing a conversation with the drivers they are getting paid buy Xtreme tonight at Lasalle, then they will go after there money in court. I also know for a fact that what the track offered to pay the rest of the cars they received.

Yes, this may be true but Xtreme can't be for sure how many cars and fans will show up to any race. Nobody can. I didn't even hear about the race until last week when it rained out. And you can't promise that many people especially on a Friday night. People have other plans. A lot of them can't get off work in time to come. I know that the cops were at the track before people even started asking for their money. There has to be something up if cops are involved and nobody has asked for their money yet. In my opinion, the track owner should have checked with his accountant and his checking account to make sure he would be able to pay the drivers if there wasn't a big turnout BEFORE he signed the contract. And it shouldn't have taken them two hours to tell everybody they didn't have the money. I think they knew they couldn't pay it and were just stalling trying to think of a plan without getting Xtreme involved. I'm not trying to start an arguement. These are just my thoughts on the subject. We all waited for over two hours for our money and everybody knew that something was up. I didn't hear of anybody being offered money by the track. Nobody I know except O'Neil got anything. It caused a lot of arguements. I heard yelling, screaming, pointing, threatening, and gesturing were all part of last nights commotion. I overheard that somebody threatened to burn the place down too. I don't know who but I did overhear that in a conversation. I know for a fact that a lot of cars won't be coming back to Auto Tire and Parts Race Park or whatever it's called. All I know is, it's Benton and I will not allow my team to go back. I know that's the opinion of a lot of people so we might as well get it out in the open and accept that that's what's going on. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :
If you can't race with the big boys, get out of the pits.

I posted this on 4m...but I think they (X and AT&P) picked the worst possible weekend to reschedule that race. Given it's mother's day weekend and they have a HUGE modified race going on just about 4 hours away. Both are factors that will definately hurt a crowd size. I for one would have been there if it wasn't mother's day weekend.

Racergirl, I am not trying to start any more bad feelings than has all ready been dealt I feel it was a bad deal and all you guys got screwed. I know of several other races in the past where people didn't get there money and that is a bunch of crap, People come to race and expect to get paid for there hard work I have been there myself. I herd the same things about burning the place down, killing the promoter etc. and that would not have helped anyone. I hope the circuit you guys are racing with comes threw and pays, as I said they made the deal with that track not all the drivers then they need to try too get there money back and probably wont. good luck to you guys.

Back