Billy Faust is apparently debris...

jclewis67

Cause that's what they called it when he went off the track at tri-city, caused the caution, and got his spot back. I believe I heard Doug say that "debris" gets his spot back. Kevin... You should know better dude. Bad call.

This is Tammy the call was not made by Kevin. Billy Faust did not stop or spin out and come to a complete stop. He got crossed up in turn 4 went to the bottom and kept going. Had he stopped on the track the yellow should have been thrown if he stopped. The yellow light should not have been turned on for a driver getting loose when he didn't stop. The yellow light was over ruled by Tammy because Billy Faust did not stop he kepted going. The announcer didn't know what it was for and called it for debri.

Basically we (Tri City) should have NOT thrown the yellow. That's why Billy Faust got his spot back. Were not afraid to tell it like it is. It doesn't matter who the driver is if we make a mistake we need to fix it.

Thanks
Tammy

Was a little confused too but yea i see the point now and you guys made it right. I dont see any favortism on calls there and pretty much calls everything down the middle. Every track has booboo's and i sure wouldnt want to be in an officials shoes when a call is made for "certain driver's".

Tammy,

One of the things that I like about Tri-City is that you and Kevin as owners are not afraid to speak out regarding circumstances that occur at your track. I know that you are not afraid to "tell it like it is". First and foremost I like taking my family to your track as it is a great family facility. Having said that, there are definitely times when favortism is shown... it happens at every single track. I too like Billy Faust and was happy to see his return a few weeks ago. In the feature last night he lost a ton of positions when he went into/through the infield, the yellow was then thrown and I did not see anyone go to the track to retrieve any debris. My opinion therefore became that the caution was for Faust. Race officials are going to make mistakes.... Officials in professional sports make them every game. By not clarifying the situation at that moment and with Doug Jenkins calling it debris it made the situation look like favortism.

Thank you for a great track and a great night of racing. You and Kevin as owners and promoters have a thankless job trying to please the masses. My family and I will continue spending out dollars at your facility because of this.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Jeff Lewis

Tammy and KG do an amazing job over there and for people who think that mistakes don't happen and all races are called perfect well then maybe they should buy themselves a race track and spend a 100 hrs a week there to try to make people happy i say keep up the good work GUNDAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres my take. The guy that caused the non caution gets his spot back. The cars that were battling for 10th that 2 of us had just got passed by the leader as the caution came out. So guess what happened to that battle? 2 guys get the free pass and the other 2 get stuck to where the best you could finish was 12th. Was moving up from the back and that mistake cost some of us but not all. I think they should have given the lapped cars that had been passed by only the leader the free pass to go around so we could continue our battle for 10th or better. That said I think the Gundakers are as fair as they can be sometimes but just got caught up in a bad situation where it benefited some and cost others.

Thank you Tammy for taking the time, and personally walking my youngest boy to get a checkerd flag. He was on cloud nine, and you have a new fan. Thanks again. Adam

00K,

Last I checked having an opinion does not constitute a need to buy a race track. I work 80 hours plus a week in IT, so I get to choose where to spend my dollars. By and large, myself and my family of 6 enjoyed ourselves at Tri-City on Friday. I took issue with a situation and spoke up. I'm certainly entitled to that, and much like yourself indicated that I appreciate what Kevin and Tammy do week in/week out.

Tammy and Kevin, I will say it again.... Keep up the good work. I just saw a situation where confusion could have been averted by speaking up.

Back