Billy Moyer Claims Shamrock 50 Checkers at Cleveland; Columbus Up Next!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Billy Moyer laid claim to his second victory of the 2009 racing season last Saturday night, April 4 at the historic Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, Tennessee! After the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series show at the Swainsboro (GA) Raceway was rained-out, the Billy Moyer Racing team made the journey north to Cleveland for the annual running of the 'Shamrock 50.' The O'Reilly Southern Allstars Series (OSAS) sanctioned the race, which boasted a $5,000 top prize.

Making his first trip to Cleveland in over a decade, Billy didn't forget the fast line around the southern Tennessee complex, as he laid down the fastest lap during OSAS qualifying. After rolling off from the pole position in the 50-lap main event, Billy took the lead at the drop of the green flag and swapped the top spot on several different occasions. The Batesville, Arkansas native eventually took the point for good on lap 43 when he cleared leader Dale McDowell and seven laps later crossed underneath the checkers ahead of McDowell, Chris Madden, Jeep Van Wormer, and Billy Mayo.

A night earlier, the BMR team followed the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series to the Screven Motor Speedway in Sylvania, Georgia. Billy won his competitive heat race and started fourth in the $7,000 to win A-Main. The driver known as "Mr. Smooth" took the lead on lap two of the feature and paced the stout field until lap eighteen. It was then when Billy spun to avoid a lapped car and was sent to the tail of the field. He was later credited with a disappointing nineteenth place finish, which dropped him to sixth in the current series point standings. You can view full results from both races last weekend by accessing www.dirtondirt.com.

“That was a heck of a race at Cleveland with (Dale) McDowell and (Jimmy) Owens,” stated Moyer this week. “I hadn’t been to Cleveland in a long time, but it is a fun place to race and the track was in good shape. My car was set up to run the top of the racetrack and luckily we were able to get it done. I have to thank all of my great sponsors, as well as my crew, for all of their support and dedication!”

The Billy Moyer Racing team is scheduled to invade the Columbus Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi this upcoming weekend (April 10-11) for a pair of high-profile Dirt Late Model events. On Friday night, the “Baddest Bullring in the South” will host a $3,000 to win unsanctioned event. The doubleheader weekend will then be highlighted by the annual ‘Rebel Challenge’ on Saturday evening, which pays $10,000 to the winner. To learn more about this weekend, please point your web browser to www.columbusspeedway.net.

Billy Moyer and his #21 team would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: Banner Valley Hauling, Car City, Clements Racing Engines, J&J Steel, Karl Chevrolet, Minx Show Palace, New Vision Graphics, Platinum Motors, Red Line Oil, Universal Concrete, Watter's Autoland, Victory Circle by Moyer Race Cars, Advance Race Suspensions, Afcoils, Allstar Performance, Arizona Sports Shirts, Awesome Racewear, Bell Helmets, Bert Transmission, BSB Manufacturing, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Champ Pans, Cizmar, Crower, Dart Heads, Deatherage Opticians, Delph Communications, F.A.S.T., Hawk Brakes, Hoosier Racing Tire, Intercomp, ISC Racers Tape, JE Pistons, K&B Carburetion, Mason Racin', MSD Ignition, Out-Pace Racing Products, Pace Jacks, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, PPM Racing Products, Performance Rod & Custom, Ringer's Gloves, Stealth Carburetion, Stiles Headers, Sunoco Race Fuels, Sweet Mfg., Weld Racing Wheels, and Wiles Racing Driveshafts.

The latest dirt on Billy Moyer Racing can be found all year long at www.billymoyer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back