Bob Wente for president...

Took my family to "Wente's Playground Of Power Hitters" for the home opener of the River City Rascals tonight. Bob has been missile launched into some kind of baseball super star. After the game we stopped by to say hello, and he suddenly became the center of young autograph seekers. Who would of thought our buddy would be signing baseballs after a great night. Also, my kids got to meet Jack Clark! What a cool place.

see ya,
Billy Molkenbur
midwestrotarymotorsports.com

Sounds like he is better at ball then running a track, sounds good leave him there. I agree "STAY IN THE STANDS"

I posted this on another thread, but it fits pretty well here too....

In his decade at Tri City, he brought Modifieds and Hornets to the St Louis area. He was the first promoter to understand the importance of being on television to promote his special events. And although it had it's drawbacks, bringing in the NASCAR sanction was a financial boon to many drivers. When the NASCAR sanction was dropped last year, he did the unimagineable and went unsanctioned. Car counts were around 110 per night, against at least 4 other Saturday night tracks. Bob Wente has now accepted a position with the River City Rascals minor-league baseball team- something that would have never been posible were his promotional skills not recognized outside the inner circle of the local auto racing establishment.

hound, i'm not really a bob wente fan, but i really don't remember you doing any better job running a track or a midget.

RaceGoddess said:
hound, i'm not really a bob wente fan, but i really don't remember you doing any better job running a track or a midget.
THE SAME CAN BE SAID ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE

bob's main draw back was a lack of comunication with the drivers,,his ability to promote TCS was never in question,i rank him among the best promotors i have ever raced for,,it was his track (kind-a like ,his bat,ball and playing field)if you did not like it go else where,,years ago i sujested to bob to run a ump late model with a carb and tire rule,,he finally did that and had a very competive last season as a track owner,,,he also mellowed a bunch last year,,,lenny g.

river city & MR wente

If you think he did at job at tri city? Just ask the people in the front office of River City thieir opinion of Mr Wente. If you can find any that are still there!!!! It got so bad that the league commish, had to have a meeting with Mr Wente!!!! Dont need to say any more in trouble now for sure!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: FORDMAN

Back