Bobby Jackson Named Director For New Boundless' Lm Series

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
WEEDSPORT, NY.....The Boundless Motor Sports Racing, Inc. (OTCBB: BMSR) World of Outlaws Late Model Series is set for it's season-opening events, Feb. 3-8, at Volusia Speedway Park in DeLeon Springs, Fla. as part of the 33rd Winter Nationals.

Bobby Jackson has also made plans to be in Florida during Race Weeks '04 at Volusia as he has been officially named by Boundless C.O.O. Bobby Hartslief as the Director of Competition for the nation's newest full-fender tour.

"Boundless has a great philosophy and a real nice product to deliver to race fans," said Jackson, 41, who served in a similar capacity for the World of Outlaws sprint car group since 1989. "To be the best you have to beat the best. And our drivers are threats to win any race at any time anywhere in the country."

Joining five-time National Champion Scott Bloomquist and two-time STARS Circuit titlist Mike Balzano as charter members of the formidable World of Outlaws Late Model Series 'Dirty Dozen' are Rick Aukland, Steve Francis, Rick Eckert, Chub Frank, Bart Hartman, Darrell Lanigan, Dale McDowel, Billy Moyer, Dan Schlieper and Wendel Wallace.

The fledgling World of Outlaws Late Model Series is scheduled to make its debut February 3, 4, 6 and 8 at Volusia Speedway Park in DeLeon Springs, Fla. The inaugural Series' events at Volusia offers a winner's purse of $5,000 on Tuesday and Wednesday, posts $10,000-to-win on Friday and boasts a $12,000 first-place prize on Sunday.

While recognized more recently for his pitside prowess guiding the Outlaws' notorious winged machines around the country for the past 15 years, Jackson has held a prominent place in the late model ranks for even longer.

"I raced late models in the midwest for a short time and spent the 1980s in the fabrication business," noted Jackson, a national go-cart champion in 1977, who today resides in his hometown of Reynolds, Ill. "By the time I left in 1990 to devote all my time with the Outlaws, I probably fabricated over 2000 late model cars. I've still got a lot of friends in late model racing so it's just a matter of getting to the tracks and making some new ones."

The 2004 World of Outlaws Late Model Series schedule remains under development as Boundless race officials are currently outlining approximately 40 full-fender events at 25 different tracks across the country.

"There's been a great amount of interest in the new series so we're not planning to re-write the rulebook," Jackson added. "At the same time we're planning to make a few changes that will take it away from the norm. Right now the fans already know our top traveling teams so we'll leave it up to the drivers to answer the rest when they get out on the track."

For further information regarding the World of Outlaws Late Model Series, Jackson (314/422-6611) remains available to answer any questions regarding race procedures and car specifications.

January 29, 2004 Contact: Tom Skibinski

Back