Bodenhamer hopes to regain Fair Title at Sedalia!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
For some racers, it's possible that the AAA Insurance Missouri State Championships are just another race on a long summer schedule. Not so for Centerview's Jason Bodenhamer. On Thursday night, August 20, Bodenhamer will try to regain the Missouri State Modified Championship race, a race he won in 2007 and lost to Jim Moody of Independence last year.

"Sedalia is a special place to me, that's for sure," Jason told us. "When I first started racing, I raced at Warrensburg because my dad (the late Al
Bodenhamer) owned it, and then Sedalia was the other place I ran, so you could say that I really learned how to race there. When Dad and I ran our last race together there at the Fair, Dad blew an engine and had to be helped out of the car by Kevin Darling, because he was already pretty sick by then. But I won it, and I remember seeing my dad on the frontstretch giving me the thumbs-up. That's about my best memory in racing."

Unlike past years, Bodenhamer will not be running his own car in the Modified race, having accepted a different ride in the #K15 owned by Kevin Rogers. "I don't have my own Modified this year," he explained, saying, "I needed a ride, and Kevin offered his car. It's a pretty good car with a good engine, so we should be in good shape." Asked who he sees as his primary competition, Bodenhamer named Moody as a prime candidate to defend his title, and also cited Dustin Boney. "But really, there are going to be a lot of good cars there, and anyone with a good engine can be fast there.
It will be a tough field to be sure."

Supporting the Modifieds on Thursday will be a wide-open field of Street Stocks. Cars are expected from all over the state, and past Sedalia track champion John Brooks has declared his intent to run. Beyond Brooks, "With it being an open night for nearly everyone, you'll see a lot of fast guys who seldom race each other, as track favorites from all over the state come here to race," promoter Clint Brown said.

The action takes place on Thursday night, August 20. Gates open at 5:00 PM, with hot laps at 6:30 and races at 7:00 PM. Adult grandstand tickets are $8.00, with children 7-12 $5.00 and kids 6 and under free. Grandstand tickets do not include Fair admission; Fair admission on Thursday is $2.00.
Pit passes are $25.00, including Fair admission.

The AAA Insurance Missouri State Championships close on Sunday night with the Late Models of the O'Reilly Automotive Midwest Late Model Association sharing the bill with a Sprint Car Challenge race pitting the Winged Outlaw Warriors against the American Sprint Car Series. Gates open at 5:00, hot laps at 6:30, with races at 7:00 PM. Adult tickets are $15.00, with seniors and military pricing at $12.00, 7-12 $10.00, and 6 and under free. Tickets do not include grandstand admission; however, Fair officials will not charge Fair admission after 4:00 PM. Pit passes are $25.00, including Fair admission.

For more information, visit www.sedaliastatefairspeedway.com. For ticket information including Fair admission, visit mostatefair.com. Tickets can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000. Tickets can also be purchased at the Missouri State Fair Ticket Office. Ticket Office hours are Noon - 6 PM M-F until August 12, and 9 AM - 9 PM during the Fair.

Clint Brown
Sedalia's State Fair Speedway
660-221-0275
http://www.sedaliastatefairspeedway.com

Back