Bond County Raceway 7-9-05

FERGY69

Pits open at 3:00 Grandstands at 5:00 Hot laps 5:30 Racing at 6:00

why are their no modifieds,my guess is they will outrun the poor man late model.My prediction is,their will be nobody in the stands and hardly no cars,except the "late models" they will all be their.

We are not running modifieds because Highland has the UMP sanction and we don't anybody out of the points. Fastrak Late Models, Street Stock/Bombers, 600 multis, and Hornets will be the classes at Bond Co. Racway for the "Sizzlin Six"

What does it take to get a sanction,I am sure you would get more mods than any thing else.Mods will make the show.Good luck with the Sfizzlin Six.

racman6,,,, if my memory serves me right,, you are suppose to be further than 50 miles apart according to UMP...hope this helps

Mods would not "make the show" as you put it. Most of the big draw modified racers are already committed to Pevely and Highland and elsewhere on Saturday nights. These shows are organized in a manner to allow the Street Stock/Bomber, Factory stock and Multi racers a chance to run on something other than the dry slick leftovers from the UMP cars, and for them to get a look at and talk to the guys racing Crate late models. They are the most likely candidates to make a move into a Crate Late Model, so this is an opportunity for them to check them out.

Nothing against Mods, but for these shows, they are not the best option at this time.

GOATROPER2,50 miles apart,lets see,I think you better look into that again,you are telling me that 2 tracks cant run on the same night enliss they are 50 miles apart,drive from godfrey to belleville,that trip is not 50 miles.It didnt help,recheck your information dont rely on memory anymore.

racman6 said:
What does it take to get a sanction,I am sure you would get more mods than any thing else.Mods will make the show.Good luck with the Sfizzlin Six.

If you would like to guarantee the purse for the Mods we would be happy to work with you. All of our purses are guaranteed for all of our classes, without a UMP sanction for the mods we do not think we would get enough cars. We would like to have mods but the reality is that we are just to close to Highland.

Look,I am not trying to start any thing,Im just trying to say even with highland and pevely racing you would have 20 mods at least,the only other problem I see is the multis are at least 1 second faster than the "crates" and their are bombers with more horsepower than thoes "crates",so what ever.You will see,for your sake I hope you have a good turn out.

I just think it's a shame that none of the late models from Greenville can even run on Saturday. I don't know if they would want to anyway.

racman6 said:
the only other problem I see is the multis are at least 1 second faster than the "crates" and their are bombers with more horsepower than thoes "crates",so what ever.You will see,for your sake I hope you have a good turn out.

The micros are only about 1/3 of the weight of the crate models. They should be quick. And how does having two relatively fast classes on the card present a problem? :confused:

As for some bombers having as much HP as the crate models, that's part of the reason the crate model class was created in the first place, so the racers spending all that money on motors to race for $100-$200 to win in an entry level class can instead spend it in a higher caliber class that pays better, and serves as a better transition to LMs, or even as an end in itself.

I know their are 4 or 5 people tht live just minutes from greenville that would like to run their,Sat. will tell the story.

racman6

If you have not drove a crate or bought a aluminum motor, I find it hard to believe that you are saying they are slow or they can put on a show like modifieds!!!! We never intended to be compared to anything, We just want to race and not go broke doing it!!!Thanks Scott Hutchinson PS: If you have any questios for someone that runs these slow cars just ask I would be glad to give you any information....

Im glad to see all the support for this class,Put them on the stop watch and then put a bomber on the watch,real close to the same.You Know,if you guys put e-mod tires on you could race with the sportsmans arround here,well maybe.Sat.will tell the story.

racman6 said:
You Know,if you guys put e-mod tires on you could race with the sportsmans arround here.

And they'd be racing for a fraction of the FASTRAK purse. Outside of the big one at I-55 in October, there's not exactly an overwhelming supply of sportsman races around here that guarantee $1200 to win.

All of which brings us back to another one of the reasons the class was created: to give the sportsman and bomber guys a chance to move up to a headliner division without having to spend $30-50k to do it.

Brandon Paul said:
And they'd be racing for a fraction of the purse. Outside of the big one at I-55 in October, there's not exactly an overwhelming supply of sportsman races around here that guarantee $1200 to win.

All of which brings us back to another one of the reasons the class was created: to give the sportsman and bomber guys a chance to move up to a headliner division without having to spend $30-50k to do it.

He just can't see this though.

racman6 said:
Im glad to see all the support for this class,Put them on the stop watch and then put a bomber on the watch,real close to the same.You Know,if you guys put e-mod tires on you could race with the sportsmans arround here,well maybe.Sat.will tell the story.

I'm not going to get into a "lap times" debate with you, because I would rather see good racing between cars on the track regardless of the lap time. Some of the 4 cylinder factory stock races I have watched have been just as entertaining and exciting as the Late Model races I have been to.

But just to point out something fairly obvious to me but maybe not to you: put a stopwatch on the 4 cylinders at TCS, and then put the watch on the Street Stocks. The fast guys out front are running darn near the same times. But which one "looks" slower? The 4 cylinders, cause that is what your mind is telling you to see, smaller slower cars. The reality is they run within a second of each other. And you can't see a second. I barely notice a speed difference from 4 Cylinder to Bomber, it just handles differently. But the difference between the bomber and crate late model is a lot. I know this because I have done the times on both classes, and raced in all three, 4 cylinders, bombers and crate late models.

Oh yeah, and one last thing? The crate late model is by far the best of the three to race. By far, it is more fun, has more power, less weight, and more grip. So there is no way it is the same lap time as a bomber, you can forget that one real fast. If that was the case, then 3 of the top 5 at the KLMS $2500 to win Steel Block race two weeks ago must be the most amazing drivers ever, cause they took their "bomber lap times" crate cars into the top five against a field of full blown steel block racers.

Now does that sound like the crate cars are doing bomber lap times? Bomber lap times in a Steel Block race would not get you second, third, or fifth place. In fact, it would not even keep you on the same lap over thirty laps.

User Name said:
He just can't see this though.

I believe that has more to do with the fact that the FASTRAK Midwest schedule didn't come out until quite late in the offseason. If they can release the '06 schedule early enough so that teams have enough prior notice to commit to the series, I think we'll see more cars.

Plus, coming into this year, the class--or at least the Midwest series--was really something of an abstract theory. Now that they have a tangible product out there for people to see, I think that will also help get more cars.

Remember, last year the first ever FASTRAK Southern Region race only had five cars, but that number grew to 14 for the next show and 51 for the season finale. I think the Midwest series point standings already show something like 19 drivers earning points so far this year. Clearly, there's growth potential.

Back