Bond County to race in 2004!

That is news to all of us living here in Greenville. Who is promoting anyway Doug? The only race talked about is Fair week.

Ok so you are telling us that there is going to be racing in greenville but no mods or late models....What kind of racing is that?

dave0654, Tim Herbst is the man with the plan.
CC-28, I don't know yet.
onlylefts, while LM's & Mods are fun to watch, some of the best racing you'll see is done in the so-called "lower divisions". They deserve a chance to headline too. Give it a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.

And as always, updates will be avaliable here as they become avaliable.

I think they are neat to watch but not as exciting as LM and Mod's. I just don't understand why they would hold races and not include all classes. Everyone has a preference that is all!

Thanks

Awsome,simply Awsome!! :)
Glad to see someone is putting a nice track to use.
You can count me in to be there!

Ill be back in the corner!!!!! Tim already asked me to help out!!! Hope to see everyone there!!!!!

Justrunem14/1S
Nic Lampe

followed your link on the information, did the math on payout-----------typical, mods left out again. Strange the largest class in the area gets omitted from racing there but then again it is Greenville, with same b.s. with same people. Thanks you actually have saved a bunch of us time and frustration. Remember 2002 at BCR.

That is the whole point, to allow the sportsmen to headline, and give some more exposure/payout to the support divisions instead of handing money to the usual headliners. Thanks Tim, I hope this is a huge success.

5xmodified said:
followed your link on the information, did the math on payout-----------typical, mods left out again. Strange the largest class in the area gets omitted from racing there but then again it is Greenville, with same b.s. with same people. Thanks you actually have saved a bunch of us time and frustration. Remember 2002 at BCR.

I do remember 2002, and Ms. Sugg isn't involved this time. I also find no modifieds as a bonus.

Modifieds will probably get to run at the Fair race in August. I know this because my dad is the Fair Vice President and I have been encouraging him to let the Mods run. My husband races one. It's not that the people promoting the race want to necessairly give the lower classes a chance to headline...the truth of the matter is the Bond County Fair Association can't afford to pay out a $1000 purse so they could get the Late Models to show up. If no one came they would lose their ***. The Bond County Fair needs an income to keep it going year after year and hopefully these races are a big success. I encourage everyone to come out and support the County Fair. Besides...how many Race Tracks can you bring your own beer to and sit in the stands with your cooler.
-Ashley Ammann-Driemeyer (Proud Bond Co. Fair Supporter and Race Wife)

5Xmodified: Mods left out agian??? When were they ever left out??? Where were they left out?? Every place i know runs them. And for ur information it will be a little different this time. I worked there before ya and ill be back, but many wont be. So its not gonna be the same bs!!!! I work on a LM and it doesnt bother me that there not running them. I guess it will be a bonus that u wont be there then!! Hey Ashley i agree with u 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic Lampe

See always something to complian about now in my opinion if they wanna run no late models or modifieds so be it if you don't wanna watch the classes they got the just don't go its your decision so why whine about it....I think its nice what they are doing letting a higher pay out for the classes that don't normally get it most LM AND MODS RUN FRI AND SAT already . So thumbs up to Bond County for trying this out ...for some reason you just have your complainers no matter what ya do.

Sounds like a great idea, because it seems we are never going to get to race on sat. since it rains every sat. and is nice on every sunday!!

They don't run LM's and Mod's at Fairmount Park either. They only run horses and dogs. Maybe you can call them and cry about that as well. Showcasing the lower budget classes sounds killer. You can count me in. It will be really nice to have someplace to run on a night besides Sat. that isn't on the other side of the world.

Back