Bonne Terre Mud Runs!!!!!

kRaZiE

K.D.C.S.
I just left Larry's Automotive and These were laying on the counter. I thought it was just a rumor, but I was wrong. Here's the info......:D

Attachments

• mudrun.jpg
    mudrun.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 337
Thanks for the information. I started a topic (right below this one) a couple weeks ago and nobody responded so I was also thinking it was a hoax. I asked at a couple of gas stations in Bonne Terre and nobody knew anything about it. Tried to find it... went down Old Cadet road a ways and no trace of it. I guess they weren't ready yet???

There are signs on 67 and 47 which is what made me ask.

In reading the flyer for this it sounds more like a mud bog then a mud run.

My understanding:

mud bog = pit where spectators stand or sit and watch vehicles traverse a course. Often everyone makes it through and the fastest time wins.

mud run = a trail of sorts with multiple obstacles (more than just mud) along the way. Spectators have to hike to see different areas and it is usually hard to see the "entire" event. Sometimes fans can help out drivers by giving them directions.

So which is this?

In reading the flyer for this it sounds more like a mud bog then a mud run.

My understanding:

mud bog = pit where spectators stand or sit and watch vehicles traverse a course. Often everyone makes it through and the fastest time wins.

mud run = a trail of sorts with multiple obstacles (more than just mud) along the way. Spectators have to hike to see different areas and it is usually hard to see the "entire" event. Sometimes fans can help out drivers by giving them directions.

So which is this?

I guess neither. The way I interperit the flyer, it's just freestyle. A big area of mud ( deep and shallow spots ) and you just give 'er hell. All fun, no times, no podium, no judges, no awards, just have fun. I could me wrong though, that's just my understanding.:confused:
Either way, I think with this event, the show & shine, and the music, I think everyone will have a good time. The price seems a little steep, But it's probably to pay for the music, concessions, and ??? I like the Idea of helping out the local pantrys with canned goods and toys. Bring a toy and canned goods, I guess it's only $8 admission. ?????????? We'll see!!:D

Fun in the mud

I went to the last one they had and it was pretty fun my truck is far from being an off-road machine (89 suburban) but I got in there and it was worth the admission. It is just a big field with some mud holes no competition and they pull you out for free if you get stuck.
IMG_2205-1.jpg

I am new to missouri so i was the only one with new york plates i didnt get stuck but there was 2 holes i didnt try, to avoid damaging my daily driver.
IMG_2193-1.jpg

Mike - I think we saw you there. The guy next to me joked the advertisement barely made it to him in Potosi, but someone from New York found out about it! :D

It was a good show for a good cause! We gave can goods and toys (single discount). I'll go again if they have another.

They are doing it all over again on August 18.

I tried to find a flyer last weekend in Bonne Terre without success. I imagine at least the mud run will be the same. Not sure about the car show and band or admission prices.

If someone gets a flyer - post it?

I forgot to remind everyone, but the first Bonne Terre Mudrun was April 5. They are having one the first Saturday of every month this year.

Next mudrun May 3. Take 55 to 67 to 47 West through Bonne Terre. Turn off Old Cadet road a few miles West of Bonne Terre. Same place as last year.

April 5 Highlights:

• More than 40 trucks for the opening day. There were a lot of guys from St. Louis and a few from real far away (boot heel and Illinois).
  • $15 admission.
  • Coolers allowed. No glass!
  • Concessions on-site. We got more than we expected for our money.
  • Freestyle mudrun. No competition, but it's safe and "watchable". You don't have too many drivers on the course at one time.
  • About 5 pits of different difficulties from stock daily-driver to the big one (see below) all dug just for the purpose.
  • I *believe* the $100 reward for first truck to cross the toughest pit is still unclaimed. This is going to be fun to watch in 2008. Some bad-*** trucks tried it and did not get half-way! Maybe in August if it dries up?
  • The owners are very open to suggestions! Rumors of a rock-crawling this season.
  • The guy with the Honda Civic - aka "the clown car" was priceless.
-Bill

Official photos from Bonne Terre April - June are online.

http://wmp.lifepics.com

Take a look. Select prints are for people who called and indicated they would like to buy pictures. They involve extra digital graphics work. If you don't see your truck in the Select Prints section check in the raw section. You can buy the raw print for $1 less or contact me with a description of your vehicle and I'll make a Select Print of it too.

Season 2008 DVD coming in September.

Next Bonne Terre Mud Run is August 2.

Details: http://www.myspace.com/bonneterremudslingers

-Bill

Back