Bounty on Bauman at Belleville?

Racerrod

racerrod
How about some kind of bounty or incentive for a sportsman driver to finally come in and beat Bauman at Belleville? Tommy Smallwood beat him last week but he's won many features and almost every one I've been to. I'd also like to hear a list of feature wins in the Sportsman division at Belleville. Besides Smallwood and Bauman, who else has won? Grwyvach #72 ??? Spelling??

Thanks.

RacerRod

Randy Tyson-1
Dave Graksdjalkjsdlkhf-3
tommy smallwood- 1
Chad Reum- 2
Chris Sale- 1
Paul Bauman- 10

There has been 20 nights but sportsmans havent had 2 features due to rain.

Tom

Thank you for your help. It's obvious that Bauman is dominating and on his way to a championship. Reminds me of another #24 that dominates. It ****s watching his races also. Time to step it up and catch this dude!

RacerRod

If Paul Bauman was your favorite driver, this post would never have been started. People dont like him because he wins. He has a fast car and he is a good, clean driver and is one heck of a nice guy along with his crew. Everyone goes out every week and tries their hardest. When someone has as much talent as Paul, its hard to beat. So, Congrats to Paul & his crew on breaking the record at Belleville in the sportsman class with 10 feature wins. Im sure you will have more to come this season.

28s wife
Amy

I Don't Remember The Last Time Allied Put Up A Bounty On A Guy. I Assume Its Something They Choose Not To Do.

Wow, I don't know where to begin responding to this one!

First of all, I'm not even going to respond to Racerrod because he obviously doesn't know Paul at all or he wouldn't have the attitude that he has about him. And, in the words of Paul's "wise" Uncle Donnie, "if someone's not booing you, you're not doing as good as you could be". So, I guess this means Paul is doing O.K. However, Paul is not unbeatable - there are a number of guys who have beat him this year, and thanks to Chris and Tommy for listing those guys. Thanks also to Amy for the congrats - we really appreaciate it and wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the season too!!

Mandy

Mandy...don't try to defend Paul it is not worth it. All of us drivers know he is a class act, that's what counts. He has beaten me twice this year with two laps to go and I still talk to him.LOL

Also, congrats on breaking the record!

Mike

I agree Paul is a great guy and a good hard clean racer Paul is not the only talented driver there i think belleville has a great sporstman division the points r tight and theres always good hard clean racing u just never know who might when come friday night its kinda like 1 big happy family lol. but congrats to paul friday night.

Reaum Racing #9

Josh

I'll Be The First To Admit That Pairity In Any Class Is Nice. But, When A Guy Dominates Like Paul Is Doing. He Shouldn't Be Faulted Or Disliked For It. Allied Sportsman A Governed By The Strictest Rule Book In The Area. That Makes What Paul Does Even More Impressive.

Paul Has A Great Car That Obviously Handles Like A Dream. I'm Sure The Bolt Ons Are Top Notch Also. Then Add To That, Paul Is A Very Good Wheel. In My Opinion, He Is One Of The Top 3-5 Sportsman Drivers In The Area. So With That Said, What Do You Get? Many Wins, Championships And Dominance!!!!!!!!

Not To Mention, Paul Is A Super Nice Guy. I Have Spoke To Him On Several Occassions And Paid Him Compliments And He Is Very Humble. Just Like His Uncle Donnie. One Of My All Time Favorites...... :D

Like I Said Before Pairity Is A Good Thing. Nobody Other Than Family, Friends And Hard Core Fans Want To See The Same Guy Win All The Time. But, Don't Hold It Against The Dominator. He's Only Doing What Everyone Else Wants To Do!!!!!!!!

Some of you folks need to read a little better. I never faulted him for winning nor did I insult him in any way. Putting a bounty on a driver (which won't happen anyway) breeds good racing and better competition. Paul is a great driver and I'll be the first to admit that. I've watched him make hundreds of laps and he hardly ever makes a mistake. A bounty on a driver is a compliment to how good he is. Paul will win many features and will win the championship in this division, although there are many great drivers in this competitive class.

I never said a bad word about Paul, just said it's boring when he gets out front. I don't think that was a lie in any stretch of the word. Whatever Paul has that causes him to win besides talent, I'd like to see more drivers find it, so we can have some better sportsman races at Bellevegas. Go Paul, winem all! And to respond to the booing comments that his Uncle Donnie taught him, I have never booed, nor have I heard any boos when he wins. He is well liked and a good guy as far as I know.

RacerRod

Sportsman At Belleville

I Would Like To Say That I Think That All The Sportsman At Belleville Have Done A Great Job This Year. And Putting A Bounty Out On Someone For His Hard Work And Acheivements Is Silly. I Think That Paul Has Done A Great Job This Season, It's Not Always Been An Easy Win For Him With Drivers Like Chris Sale, Tommy Smallwood, Randy Tyson Jr., Chad Reum, Mike Harris And Dave G. On His Tail At Times.i Have To Admit That I Like To See Other Drivers Win Once In Awhile But I Guess When You Got It Ya Got It. And If There Are People Out There That Don't Like Paul It's B/c He's Dominate And Hard To Get Around! Nice Job To All Of You Feature Winners No Matter How Many You Have Won And Nice Job To You Paul For Breaking A Record At Belleville. I Wish Everyone Luck And I Hope That The Sale Racing Team And The Smallwood Racing Team Can Get Somemore Wins In There, Espcially Some Features.keep Up The Good Work Guys, Your Both Doing A Great Job.

Thanks For A Great Season
So Far!
Your Sponsor,
Stick's Chevy Shed
Carrie

Racerrod - Thank you for clarifying what you meant. It was mistaken, but is all cleared up now. The sportsman class at Belleville is a very competitive class, and Paul enjoys racing with the guys every week. And yes, he does win a lot, but he also works on his car for several hours EVERY night of the week and during any spare time he has on the weekend. So, I guess all of his hard work is paying off. But, the championship isn't won yet. There's still 6 nights of racing left and a lot of talented drivers. Good luck to all of you!!

Mandy ;)

Paul is one of the cleanest drivers on the track and is second to none off the track. I like the fact he doesn't hide from competition. He is the defending champion at Pevely and is apparently on his way to another championship at Belleville. Not to take away from other tracks, but name 2 harder places in this area that have the same competition. I understand what racerod is saying, and agree a bounty is a compliment, and Paul deserves and has earned the compliments.

Racerrod

Rod,
I Never Took Your Post As Down Towards Paul.I Understood What You Ment. I Said What I Said Because There Are Some Who Get Down On A Guys When They Put A Butt Kickin' On Their Favorites Week After Week.

Actually, I Hope Guys Who Continue To Race Belle-clair After Paul Is Gone, Will Learn A Lesson From Him. Paul Is Doing Just Like Steve Maisel Did In 2001. There Is More Ways Around That Belleville Track Than Pole Jockeying Around The Inside Wall. Also, You Don't Have To Beat And Bang Your Way To The Front All The Time. Sometimes Maybe. But, It Doesn't Have To Be The Norm.......j/m/o

The Points Have Been Updated And Paul Has 1201. A 280 Point Lead Over 2nd Place Tommy Smallwood's 921. Tommy Would Have To Gain 47 Points More Than Paul Each Of The Last 6 Nights. So The Fat Lady Hasn't Sung Yet. But, She Is Clearing Her Throat. :D

2nd-5th Have A Good Battle Going. Some Of Those Spots Could Change Hands. Same With 6th-10th.

Good Job By All! Its Been A Good Year!

Back