Brett Hull's #16

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
Good to see the Blues are retiring arguably the most popular player in team history tonight. He deserves it and I think he's the reason the Blues are still in St.Louis. Funny article in this morning's Post Dispatch about some of Brett's quotes. He must have hated Keenan.:D

I personaly didn't like the man glad he is gone. Had meet him a few times and he was very rude.

Who didn't hate Keenan. He pushed all the good players out of St. Louis. Shanahan, Cujo (one of the best goalies ever), and the eventually Hull. Brett was a great player, one of the best if not the best Blue.

I don't like Keenan either but the Cujo thing was a good move. Joseph can't produce in the playoffs. He never has, never will. Picking up Grant Fuhr and Chris Pronger were the good things he did. Pronger was, and still is an outstanding leader. Fuhr had 2 great seasons until the knee injury caused by Maple Leaf Nick Kypreos slowed him down. Fuhr didn't get enough credit for those good seasons when he played 70+ games. Anyway, I'm glad to see Hull's jersey get retired.

Glad to see the Golden Brett's number retired. But good god almighty, it sure is painful to watch while we go thru this rebuilding process. I have always and will continue to bleed blue, no matter how ugly it is.

After last night's so-called game, Mike Kitchen needs to go if the Blues are serious about bringing fans back. This guy is about as unispired as the vets on this team. I say bring up some of the kids from Peoria and give them a chance. The ceremony last night was top-notch though. The Blues organization realy did a nice job. Too bad the team tanked it in front of 19,500+.

I was at the game last night and the ceremony was excellent, the atmosphere in the building was tremendous. The fans loved the ceremony, seeing the players on the ice was great. Unfortunately the Blues team did not show up, they were flatter then the ice. At one time I heard people yelling bring Hull back. 12 minutes into the game and they are down 3-0. Not even a full house could motivate the team.

I really enjoyed watching that last night! Brett Hull, is one if not the best hockey players many of us will ever witness, and he is the reason I love the sport of hockey. I'm glad St. Louis, and the new owners retired the "Golden Brett's" #16, and thank you St. Louis for giving him the recognition and respect he so much deserves. I was obsessed with #16 when I was younger, and in turn have a major love and passion for the St. Louis Blues, even during these rebuilding years. For all of those true Blues fans, I BLEED BLUE!

After last night's so-called game, Mike Kitchen needs to go if the Blues are serious about bringing fans back. This guy is about as unispired as the vets on this team. I say bring up some of the kids from Peoria and give them a chance. The ceremony last night was top-notch though. The Blues organization realy did a nice job. Too bad the team tanked it in front of 19,500+.

I totally agree, Kitchen is the problem. I've stopped myself short of making that comment before, but I beleive this could be a much better team with a capable coach. I have considered going and watching a practice just to see what kind of drills he puts the guys through. He can't be working them to hard, this team cannot even pass the puck tape to tape, let alone come out sharp for more than one game in a row. They are undisciplined and take lots of stupid penalties. It takes
very little forchecking pressure to get them running around and there is no plan for breaking out or clearing their own zone. They just don't seem to have any motivation whatsoever. The only player that looked like he had any energy last night was Perrault. He may turn out to be a nice find.

It may be part of Checketts and Davidsons master plan to keep Kitchen on board during the rebuilding phase. Cheaper coaches salary, team finishes near the bottom for the higher draft picks........Its gonna be a rough couple of seasons I'll bet.

On a better note, it was a great ceremony no doubt. First class all the way. Sure was nice to see the old faces, some of whom I had forgotten about.

king

Kitchen always has been a 'player's coach' so the country club atmosphere with the vets like Tkachuk will always be there as long as Kitchen remains with the team. If I was a vet with the Blues, I'd come out after that last game and question my teamates much like Bulger did with the Rams. I have'nt heard anyone, including Tkachuck say anything about the game. Kitchen blamed the lax play of the Blues on the ceremony lasting too long. Give me a break! Detroit's coach Mike Babcock did'nt have a problem with it. The thing is, Mike Kitchen is'nt half the coach that Babcock is. I hope Davidson does something soon or they'll be lucky getting 8,000 a game. Don't get me wrong, I've been a diehard Blues fan for 37 years, but it's getting hard watching a bunch of un-inspired vets go through the motions every game. The time for change is NOW.

Tkachuk cant say much. He only tries when he's in a contract year. Get rid of him too. I agree with getting rid of Kitchen but as terrible and painful as it is to watch, more than the coach needs to go. No leadership. However, I heard an interview with T. Twist the other day and he said in a couple seasons St Louis will be happy with the young players the blues have. Hope he is right.

Larry Pleau has been the problem for a long time he should have been fired and the Blues should have kept Quennneville but he had to much power then . Now he is just John Davidsons gofer.

Back