Brian Birkhofer Ends 2003 Season with Two Top Five's at KLMS

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(MUSCATINE, IOWA) Brian Birkhofer Racing wrapped up the “Way 2 Dirty 2003 Tour” this past weekend at Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway, which is located in Calvert City, KY. The Commonwealth Cup weekend had been postponed twice due to inclement weather, but Mother Nature smiled down upon the Commonwealth state this past weekend and the races were able to take place. In the $2,000 to win preliminary event on Friday night, Birky started fifth in his Daufeldt Transport / Double Eagle Sales / Seubert Calf Ranches #15b MasterSbilt / Pro Power Monte Carlo. The track conditions surprised Brian and the team, as they were setup for the track to slick up and possibly rubber-up. The track stayed wet and tacky throughout the event, causing Brian’s car to be tighter than what it need to be. Brian settled for a fourth place finish in the event.

The $15,000 to win Commonwealth Cup was on tap for Saturday night and Brian had earned a third place starting spot for the event by winning his heat race back on October 25. The track was rubbered-up on Saturday like the team had expected the previous night. Birky bolted into second and pressured race leader Scott Bloomquist throughout the entire event. They even rubbed for the lead occasionally, but the #15b had to settle for second due to the one-lane racing surface.

“We missed the setup on Friday night down there, but we were really good on Saturday,” said Brian from his Muscatine race shop on Monday. “We measured and changed a few things on Saturday morning that really helped out. I think we were better than Scott (Bloomquist), but I would have basically had to take him out to beat him because you couldn’t pass. He pushed off of two one time and I got underneath of him going down the backstretch and I knew it would tight going into three. He tried to block, we made contact, and I let off the gas so he could gather his car up. He has never raced me dirty in the rubber, so I had to respect him for that and drive him clean.”

The 2003 racing season was a good one for Brian Birkhofer Racing, as it was his first time to run for any kind of point championship. Brian was runner-up in the Xtreme Dirt Car Series, now the Stacker 2 Xtreme Dirt Car Series, and he finished the Xtreme season with three wins, 19 Top Five’s, and 28 Top Ten’s in 35 Xtreme starts this season. He ended the season with ten victories in total and only finished out of the Top Ten 13 times in his 66 starts. His complete stats are at the bottom of this press release. Brian Birkhofer Racing would like to thank all of their 2003 sponsors including: Daufeldt Transport, Double Eagle Sales, Seubert Calf Ranches, McDonalds of the Quad Cities, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Pro Power Racing Engines, Eastern Iowa Landscaping, Allstar Performance, Ashby Transportation, Bryant Roofing, Community Bank of Muscatine, GSR, Hips Racing Decals, Base Race Fuels, Arnold Motor Supply, Executive Finish, Delph
Communications, and Wehrs Machine.

Brian plans to compete for the YJ Stinger Cup in 2004, which is given to the champion of the Stacker 2 Xtreme Dirt Car Series. He will also compete in all of the big unsanctioned shows and weekly regional shows, similar to what he did in the 2003 campaign. Updated racing plans and schedules will be revealed in the month’s to come, so keep logging on www.brianbirkhoferracing.com to keep up with the latest on Brian Birkhofer Racing.

2003 FINAL STATISTICS
Total Starts: 66 Wins: 10 Top 5's: 39 Top 10's: 53 Fast Times: 12
Xtreme Starts: 35 Wins: 3 Top 5's: 19 Top 10's: 28 Fast Times: 9
Televised Starts: 10 Wins: 0 Top 5's: 6 Top 10's: 8 Fast Times: 0

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back