Brian Birkhofer Scores a Third Place Finish in the World 100

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(MUSCATINE, IOWA) Brian Birkhofer drove to a Top Five finish last Saturday night in the annual running of the famed ‘World 100’ at the Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. The 2002 winner of the ‘World 100’ timed in second fastest in qualifying Friday night. After starting his heat race from the fourth position, Brian drove up to second by the end of the fifteen lap event. That finish would give him an eighth place starting spot for the $37,000 to win main event.

In the feature, Brian ran solidly in the Top Five throughout the 100-lap affair. He ran fourth through the middle stages of the event, but then turned up the pressure towards the end. Over the final twenty laps, Brian passed Jimmy Mars for the third position and that is where Birky finished. The event drew 215 cars to the high-banked, ½-mile oval in west-central Ohio.

“We had a good car all weekend, but we just couldn’t turn like we needed to during the feature,” said Brian. “That was not typical Eldora and we just didn’t make the right adjustments for the track surface. Our car was coming on there at the end, but (Chub) Frank was pretty good. It would have been nice to win the last World 100 that Earl (Baltes) ever promoted, but we couldn’t get it done. Earl has done a great job for the sport of Dirt Late Model racing and he will be sorely missed.”

Birky will turn his attention back to the Stacker2 Xtreme Dirtcar Series this weekend. He will compete in a pair of XDCS events this weekend behind the wheel of his Daufeldt Transport / J&J Steel / Simon’s Trucking #15b MasterSbilt / Pro Power Monte Carlo. The exciting dirt action will kick off on Saturday at the I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO. The $10,000 to win ‘22nd Annual Pepsi Nationals’ will be headlining the action on Saturday night on the 1/3-mile, high-banked oval.

All the action at I-55 will be captured by the SPEED Channel cameras for broadcast on Saturday, October 30, at 3:00 p.m. E.D.T. The event will also be webcast live on the Internet at 9:30 C.D.T. Listeners can tune into the webcast by visiting www.RSBN.net and following the prompts. You can learn more about the event at I-55 this weekend by logging onto www.i55raceway.com.

The second Stacker2 XDCS event of the weekend will take place on the huge semi-banked mile track at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield, IL. The $12,000 to win ‘13th Annual Turbo Blue Fall Nationals’ is on tap for Sunday afternoon. It will be the only mile track that Brian and the XDCS competitors will compete on this season. For more information on this event, log onto www.trackenterprises.com and www.xtremedirtcars.com. Birky captured the ‘Turbo Blue Fall Nationals’ crown in both 1998 and 2002. Brian comes into this weekend fourth in the latest version of the XDCS point standings with only six races remaining.

For more information on the Brian Birkhofer Racing team, point your web browser to www.brianbirkhoferracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back